300 prc brass stuck in bushing die

newmexican hunter

I just purchased some new ADG brass for my 300 prc and am starting load development. I ordered a bushing for my new Redding full length type s bushing die. Ordered bushing measuring .002 less then loaded round. Loaded case measured .335 so ordered .333.
Long story short I thought I'd run a piece of brass through my new die. I cleaned the die properly and lubed the case well. I could feel some resistance with my zero press but wasn't too worried because the case was well lubed. When I went to remove the case it broke and remained stuck in the die. I watched a you tube video on how to remove stuck case with no luck. Right now I'm out a die but more curious what went wrong? I have checked the brass and it cycles perfectly in the chamber. Is it the brass or sizing die or something I did wrong? Tried pinching case head in vise and removing with a wrench with no luck. She is stuck good now! Ha ha

Attachments

• 451F19AB-BAE4-4FD4-B811-F7A08DD0DC4D.jpeg
    451F19AB-BAE4-4FD4-B811-F7A08DD0DC4D.jpeg
    719.9 KB · Views: 245
  • ADB3BE15-9A5A-4A26-A78D-C03C3677D491.jpeg
    ADB3BE15-9A5A-4A26-A78D-C03C3677D491.jpeg
    647.5 KB · Views: 213
I had Redding dies push a ring of brass off my adg 300 prc brass. They were very tight. They are not bushing dies but I have never had such an issue before.

I see you used hornady one shot.

1. Did you shake the can really well? [30 seconds)
2. Did you spray inside of the die?
3. Did you spray your cases from 4 sides? [I actually spray 8 different directions.]
4. Did you let the cases dry for a couple minutes?

You will need an rcbs type stuck case remover.

300 prc is a very tough case to size from my experience and you need to make sure the rear of the body is well lubed. I absolutely soak mine.

Any time you feel that sticky feeling for the LOVE OF GOD STOP!!!!

Nothing more frustrating that getting all ready to load and sticking a case!!!

Another thing you can do is use redding imperial wax lube.... it's awesome, you just have to wipe it off after sizing

I had Redding dies push a ring of brass off my adg 300 prc brass. They were very tight. They are not bushing dies but I have never had such an issue before.
I have 4 different 300 prc dies. All of them do something similar. I think they are trying to really squeeze the case down. Redding imperial wax fixed it for me. Be really sure to lube all the way down to the case head really well

I see you used hornady one shot.

1. Did you shake the can really well? [30 seconds)
2. Did you spray inside of the die?
3. Did you spray your cases from 4 sides? [I actually spray 8 different directions.]
4. Did you let the cases dry for a couple minutes?

You will need an rcbs type stuck case remover.

300 prc is a very tough case to size from my experience and you need to make sure the rear of the body is well lubed. I absolutely soak mine.

Any time you feel that sticky feeling for the LOVE OF GOD STOP!!!!

Nothing more frustrating that getting all ready to load and sticking a case!!!

Another thing you can do is use redding imperial wax lube.... it's awesome, you just have to wipe it off after sizing
Thanks a bunch for your input. I shook the bottle and I did spray all four sides but i didn't wait 2 minutes. I have never had to spray the die before so I didn't think of that. I usually use the foam pad from rcbs and rcbs case lube. I'll try that other lube you recommended once I get the case out!

Thanks a bunch for your input. I shook the bottle and I did spray all four sides but i didn't wait 2 minutes. I have never had to spray the die before so I didn't think of that. I usually use the foam pad from rcbs and rcbs case lube. I'll try that other lube you recommended once I get the case out!
Another note....

Anytime you switch lubes be sure to clean the die. Never mix and match lubes.

And any time you clean a die be sure to lube the die too

I just purchased some new ADG brass for my 300 prc and am starting load development. I ordered a bushing for my new Redding full length type s bushing die. Ordered bushing measuring .002 less then loaded round. Loaded case measured .335 so ordered .333.
Long story short I thought I'd run a piece of brass through my new die. I cleaned the die properly and lubed the case well. I could feel some resistance with my zero press but wasn't too worried because the case was well lubed. When I went to remove the case it broke and remained stuck in the die. I watched a you tube video on how to remove stuck case with no luck. Right now I'm out a die but more curious what went wrong? I have checked the brass and it cycles perfectly in the chamber. Is it the brass or sizing die or something I did wrong? Tried pinching case head in vise and removing with a wrench with no luck. She is stuck good now! Ha ha
This doesn't surprise me since it's a PRC.
I had the same issue with a saami cut chamber being too tight, and the die couldn't size the base down enough.
Hornady F#%%#@ up with their die/ reamer specs, you need at least .003 expansion at the web cuz a die will crack before it sizes below the virgin diameter

That was your first mistake, don't feel bad, you aren't the first.

Spray the brass liberally being sure you get full coverage.

Spray a bit inside the die.

Go have a cup of coffee or drink a DP.

Now, when you come back to the press go easy and in steps, when you fell firm resistance back off and start again, and repeat till you have it fully resized.

Getting in a hurry reloading gets expensive and it can cause serious problems.

You need to go to Midway or Brownell's probably and order a stuck case remover.

I checked Brownell's and they had lots of "outs".

Drill, the base out, tap it with whatever size tap and bolt you have to pair together. I generally have 10×24 stuff laying around, so that's what I use. Once tapped, get the right size washers to fit on the die and over the brass, I use about 10 washers, screw the bolt in through the washers until brass comes out. Has worked every time for me.