300 PRC Action

Goldy300

With some new ones out, has anyone got their hands on or built on the Atlas Lite or Pierce Shadow? Looking to build a 300 PRC most likely and want to save on some weight.

I want shouldered barrel for sure. Aesthetics drive me crazy. I looked at some Ti actions but have heard mixed reviews on smoothness.

I want shouldered barrel for sure. Aesthetics drive me crazy. I looked at some Ti actions but have heard mixed reviews on smoothness.
You can get them dlc'd. I haven't checked out the 2 you mentioned as I've only built 2 la's.

I haven't tried any of the actions that you are talking about but I have a christensen ti and lone peak ti. Both are nice but the lone peak one is super smooth. My next one would probably be a Alltera arms action. Only couple oz heavier than my lone peak and I can buy into how they make their actions, they could have a good sales pitch.

With some new ones out, has anyone got their hands on or built on the Atlas Lite or Pierce Shadow? Looking to build a 300 PRC most likely and want to save on some weight.
I'd definitely stick with a lightened ss action over Ti, it'll be much stronger and take hotter loads.
I'm pretty interested in the Kelbly Atlas Lite myself, they're a timed action and shouldered prefits are available

The atlas lite is a skeletonized Atlas Tactical, we've ran them for years on everything from 223 up to 338 lapua Ai. Very good actions - especially at their price point.

We have a batch coming in June for the Atlas Lite, we've been running pre-fits in 300 PRC & 7 PRC with good success!

KS Arms is a Canadian company who recently came out with lighter versions of their actions. Their actions are Rem 700 footprint and top notch. They make great barrels too, they did a barrelled action for me in 300 PRC.

Last edited:
I'm the lead machinist at Pierce, if you have any questions feel free to ask me or call the shop and we will help you out. Thank you!

I've built a couple of 300 prc's using the Pierce Shadow. Actions are smooth and quality is top notch. I wouldn't hesitate using them again in the future.

20221214_161428.jpg

Recent Posts