300 Norma Magnum

Not to answer for Kiwi but I'm sure he means 7.8 lbs with scope and rings. I just built a 300 Norma on a Pierce TI, manners eh2, benchmark #4 fluted, 6-24 pst, Murphy TI rail and tps rings, weight 8lb 2 oz. I used a Terminator T2 brake and the recoil is so minimal that I can easily spot my hits.

Kiwi, Im assuming the the 7.8 lbs is bare rifle weight, and did you go with the sendero or sendero light contour?

I recently did some shooting with a proof research rifle chambered in 300 RUM, rifle weighed about 9.5 lbs scope and all, and shot extremely well out to 1000 yds. Recoil was very quick and sharp. I could not spot my own shots due to the muzzle brake. It did not look effecient at all. The brake on your rifle looks much better, how is the recoil and is it possible to spot your shots on a rifle that light in 300 Norma?

Opps there was a typo with the conversion from kgs to lbs, 3.995 kgs is in fact 8.8lbs, sorry about that.

Yes with a reasonable shooting position the T3 Terminator muzzle brake allows me to spot my shots easily.

Not to answer for Kiwi but I'm sure he means 7.8 lbs with scope and rings. I just built a 300 Norma on a Pierce TI, manners eh2, benchmark #4 fluted, 6-24 pst, Murphy TI rail and tps rings, weight 8lb 2 oz. I used a Terminator T2 brake and the recoil is so minimal that I can easily spot my hits.

Sounds like a really nice rig, glad you are enjoying the brake.

Cant believe you posted this.Dont you know light rifles cant shoot accurate.I should know been shooting alot of game with my 338 NM 8 3/4 scoped:D

Kiwi, Thanks for clearing that up.

Glad to hear it's possible to spots shots with your setup. I need to make a change, the holland QD brake just isn't cutting it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.