300 Norma Mag AI Shorty Build

I am headed down a similar path and trying to decide between 300NM and 300NMI. I have a 300NMI with 26" barel. What do you think you gained with the improved? Does the 20" barrel limit the advantage?

I'm doing something similar, bat igniter, Norma imp, 9tw ace rem varm barrel, will finish at 21" and flute. Going into a manners pro hunter with hawkins m5 oborndorf and cfe9 box, possibly a hunter dbm. However when my bat lapua modular bolt would not interface with the igniter bolt body, it's been back and forth with Bat for last few months. Hope it'll all be ready to go next season. I'll be running 215 or 208 hybrids at 2900-2950fps, that's the goal anyways.

I'm doing something similar, bat igniter, Norma imp, 9tw ace rem varm barrel, will finish at 21" and flute. Going into a manners pro hunter with hawkins m5 oborndorf and cfe9 box, possibly a hunter dbm. However when my bat lapua modular bolt would not interface with the igniter bolt body, it's been back and forth with Bat for last few months. Hope it'll all be ready to go next season. I'll be running 215 or 208 hybrids at 2900-2950fps, that's the goal anyways.
What are you guessing the weight will be, unscoped?

Guessing around 7.5#, I personally don't mind carrying a 9.5-10.5# rifle. Its when they're 13+ it's gets annoying on long hikes.
I am toying with putting together something similar for long range and I think that would be a good compromise between shootability and portability.

I am headed down a similar path and trying to decide between 300NM and 300NMI. I have a 300NMI with 26" barel. What do you think you gained with the improved? Does the 20" barrel limit the advantage?
I love the improved NM, it gains around 75-100 fps, but also reduces trimming from every 3 firings to about 15.
It totally makes sense in short barrels, the velocity gain is applicable at all lengths.

My Retumbo load is easily over 2800 fps with 225s from a 19" barrel, 2750 with H1000 is mild, accurate, and deadly to 1100 yards