300 Norma AI

2Ldude

Trying to get feelers out on what a rifle could sell for. I do own it.

300 Norma AI (built by Ryan Pierce, Piercision Rifles spring of 2019)
28 inch HV 9 twist- 300 rounds fired between fire forming and initial load development (went with 28" to help compensate for the HBN coated bullets. Didn't have to go up much in powder charge)
5 Port Muscle Brake
Kelbly Atlas action/Bolt fluted
20 MOA Rail
MPA Hybrid folding stock with weights added to butt stock end and bipod extension on the front
Trigger Tech Diamond 1.5lb
NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56 MOAR-T MOA
Modular Evolution bipod
200 Lapua fire formed cases
250 Peterson 2nd run 300 Norma cases (NOT fire formed) Brand new (measured and compared to measurements of Lapua brass and I couldn't tell any difference

Do not have the equipment to see throat erosion but it can't be very much. ALL LOADS were very mild looking for accuracy vs velocity. ALL LOADS were shot with HBN coated bullets. Barrel NEVER even reached warm stage even during the summer with minimum 3 minutes between shots.

This rifle with my OK abilities is shooting under 1" at 400 yards with my best 3 shot group at 5/8" center to center. Intent was to get best load at 400yds then move out to 600 and then 800 then the Holy Grail of 1000yds to refine.

I already have custom 6.5PRC and 6 Creed to play with at my more comfortable 600yd shooting ability so figured I would sell this rifle to fund photography hobby as an Advanced Amatuer trying to make part time business now that I have ALOT of time on my hands. With our CONSTANT wind here in southeast WY even shooting at 600 makes for very limited days that you can even shoot without dialing in a crap ton of MOA to compensate even with the 215-230 weight bullets. Wind velocity for the past week alone never went below 20MPH with 1 day at a registered gust of 105MPH :) :)

So, bottom line is I spent a little over $7200 for this setup and was thinking $6500 +/- as a package. Wouldn't be interested in selling as pieces. Am I thinking right on price range?? All comments welcome, and if it sounds like I'm in the right ball park I will repost in the FOR SALE with pics.

Thanks Everyone

Michael

They're ultimately worth what someone is willing to pay. But used full-custom built rifles are generally discounted more than than before they actually sell. Simply my observation.

I'd post it. You can always lower your asking (sale) price week by week if time marches on and you get no offers.

Sounds like a nice rifle, BTW.

It really is a sweet rifle, very accurate, heavy enough to manage recoil EXTREMELY WELL and built by one of the magicians in the art.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.