30 nosler questions

Bmccart

I'm looking to have a 30 nosler built on a 700 action and have a few questions about it that nobody local can seem to answer.

I already have a McMillan target/hunter stock that has studs in it that I'm going to use.

I also have The barrel that was in my stock originally, it is a 26 inch match grade hart barrel chambered in 30 LRC. It only has a few hundred rounds thru it. But im tired of the pain in the *** of fire forming brass etc.

I'm wondering if I can have this barrel re chambered to the 30 nosler? No local guys have a 30 nosler reamer or headspace gauge so I'm gonna have to buy one regardless unless I send a barrel out somewhere to have it done.

I haven't gotten the action I'm going to use yet, which bolt face will I need? And what other modifications will need to be done to the stock or action?

I've read a few things online but none that have any definitive answers to any of my questions.

Thanks

Brendan

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.