30 Nosler N570 help please

The OP had an ES of 9 with that load. By the looks of the group it was accurate. I would load 10 shots the same as #3 and see how they group, I don't chase nodes. I chase accuracy.
Ha. Nodes can be accuracy. That's a funny statement

i concur with #3 the ES if your chrono is right, is what i would look for and your right there where i run a lot of 30 noslers with 180 class bullets. i don't ever care if I'm in the high or low nodes i care about what my rifle likes period!

take that group and repeat at distance.. and do it in 3 shot groups your powder its dead nuts by the ES and if you can at distance move your seating to find the wholly grail..

Well it was five months ago, so hoping the OP found what he was looking for.

I think the low node is between 88-88.5. I would load five at 88.3, 88.5, 88.7 to see how forgiving it is.

I am still learning daily...Is my line of thinking off?

i concur with #3 the ES if your chrono is right, is what i would look for and your right there where i run a lot of 30 noslers with 180 class bullets. i don't ever care if I'm in the high or low nodes i care about what my rifle likes period!

take that group and repeat at distance.. and do it in 3 shot groups your powder its dead nuts by the ES and if you can at distance move your seating to find the wholly grail..
We have 15 shots that are giving us a pattern with nodes. Why would we go off of an es for 3 shots? Teach me cause I've never understood that.

Also, we still have seating depths to try

Actually his first 15 shots say nothing to me about any accuracy or node!! looks more like a shotgun.. a true ladder test should be done at 400 or more and you'll actually see a climb level, climb level, climb level that's where you see your low middle and high node! that test did nothing but waste powder.

adding two shots to an already horrible group isn't gonna do anything but shorten barrel life.

Actually his first 15 shots say nothing to me about any accuracy or node!! looks more like a shotgun.. a true ladder test should be done at 400 or more and you'll actually see a climb level, climb level, climb level that's where you see your low middle and high node! that test did nothing but waste powder.

adding two shots to an already horrible group isn't gonna do anything but shorten barrel life.
You can see the groups slightly rise in the pics, then #5 slightly lowers. To each their own. My way definitely works and you are sold on your way. OP seems gone anyway...

Not gone away yet! I am reading and learning still. Ryan graciously gave me good guidance when I was down to the wire before a hunt, so that I could get a load ready. I did some seating depth testing, which seemed to make no difference at all in grouping. I ended up with the 88.5 gr load that was giving consistent .75" 5 shot groups at 100 yds. I verified drops to 400 just before the hunt and took an aoudad at 522. The barrel sped up before 100 rounds and that load chronos just over 3300 now. Seems to be a decent load but i'm planning to test 87.7-88.5 gr, now that the velocities are higher just to see if groups shrink any.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.