30 Nosler N570 help please

This I disagree with, I've loaded for 3 and all 3 would get to the 3100 node without any signs of pressure other than primer pockets are junk after 3 firings. Reamer makes s big difference.
If you have a reamer with .225 freebore and ADG brass you can run the 3080- 3100

Ya because you are away over 65k. Look I run my rifles on the ragged edge if the accuracy is there but you are lying to yourself if you can't comprehend we are often overpressure.

If it's a saami reamer 3050 is gonna be max.
In a 26" yes we agree. SAAMI chamber 215 berger will top out at 3050. The op is asking about a 180 bullet. I have pushed 200smks over 3200 before pressure and they ran at 3200 with brass life in the 6-7 firings. 215s at 3030-3040 will also last 6-7 firings. Some more.

ADG will lower pressure. It has 2 grains more h20. It will NOT get you to the next node.

How do you know, it's over 65,000 you can test that?

If you and I are going to continue to have this discussion you will have to understand if you are loosening primer pockets on the crappiest brass available you have exceeded pressure or you have a veeeeeeery sloppy chamber. The pockets get loose due to case head expansion. PERIOD. I have loaded for four. Who cares. The fact is I can run SAAMI 30 nosler with h1000 and 215s at 3030-3040fps and have brass live past 6 reloadings. In a .200 freebore they will hit the 3100 node and brass will last over 6. If you want to change the focus of the discussion to the fact that ADG has more volume therefore pressure will be lower by all means let's do that.

Your telling him that if his primer pockets are loose with Nosler brass hes way over pressure, that may or may not be the case Nosler brass is junk as far as primer pockets if hes running over 3300 with 180 then yeah I agree hes pretty hot just like i said in an earlier post.
Nosler brass will not run the upper nodes in these 30's

Your telling him that if his primer pockets are loose with Nosler brass hes way over pressure, that may or may not be the case Nosler brass is junk as far as primer pockets if hes running over 3300 with 180 then yeah I agree hes pretty hot just like i said in an earlier post.
Nosler brass will not run the upper nodes in these 30's

Whatever dude. Nosler brass is some of the best brass available both in consistency and strength. Especially in the Nosler cartridges. Just because guys run lapua at 80 and it holds doesn't make lesser brass junk. Adg makes good brass. I've tested it side by side a few cartridges and it is not the best for all cartridges.

I will repeat it if you are loosening the primer pockets on 30 Nosler Nosler brass you are over pressure

Ok, so I gave this another try. I attempted OCW. This was 103 yds.
Same components and COAL.
3 rounds each.

1. 87.5 gr - 0.87"
3200 fps, ES 27

2. 88.0 - 0.48"
3246 fps, ES 24

3. 88.5 - 0.38"
3239 fps, ES 9

4. 89.0 - 0.93"
3263, ES 57

5. 89.5 - 0.93"
3303, single reading due to chrono error

upload_2019-11-18_18-42-40.jpeg

I did my best to triangulate the centroid of each and plotted it here.
upload_2019-11-18_18-43-57.jpeg

Any thoughts on how to proceed?
Seems like OCW would test 1-2 or 4-5, but ES was high on most of those.
Of course I am inclined to test around those small groups.
I imagine if I were a better shooter I would have better data to follow. I keep working at it.

Do a 10 shot test of #3. Seemed like that's your best bet, I like ocw tests rather than ladder tests. Ladder tests need to be done at 4-5 hundred yards. The critter you shoot with a 180 going 3239 doesn't care if it 50fps faster. It's about accuracy over speed.

Do a 10 shot test of #3. Seemed like that's your best bet, I like ocw tests rather than ladder tests. Ladder tests need to be done at 4-5 hundred yards. The critter you shoot with a 180 going 3239 doesn't care if it 50fps faster. It's about accuracy over speed.
I'm curious, why would you pick 3, since it isn't a high or low node?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.