.30 ELD-X Groups . . . anybody???

Country Bumpkin

i have read through all of the ELD threads and, for all of the hype, i still havent seen much of a range report for the .30 cal? i have a ladder test of 178's loaded up and ready to go for my 300 WM but my rifle is getting ceracoated and is unavailable.

anybody???

Will this work ?

Attachments

• 212 gr ELD-X & RL33-b.jpg
    212 gr ELD-X & RL33-b.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 212 gr ELD-X & RL33-a.jpg
    212 gr ELD-X & RL33-a.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 170
Wow! Your SD and Velocities are amazing for 99 gr. I wasn't planning on shooting the mighty 212's but now I think I might have to try. Are you seeing any pressure with those loads. I'm only shooting the Berger 190's at 3085 fps out of my WM.

Thanks for the data.

What rifle did you shoot those form?

Steve

Ahhh, ya got me.....
sorry man, I misread the part that he was looking for 300 WM info,

my apologies to the OP, those targets and results I posted were not with a 300 WM but with my wildcat 300 Long Range Hunter and capacity is significantly higher ( 111.0 gr h20), the load data is NOT usable in a 300 Win Mag

i have read through all of the ELD threads and, for all of the hype, i still havent seen much of a range report for the .30 cal? i have a ladder test of 178's loaded up and ready to go for my 300 WM but my rifle is getting ceracoated and is unavailable.

anybody???
XXXXXXXXXXX

New to 300 WM loading but old at reloading. I just purchased a used 300 WM MK II with a brake on it and a skeleton stock. I purchased 300 once fired Remington cases and FL sized, trimmed, and cleaned 100 of them while waiting for the rifle to arrive.

I also bought 200 Hornady 200 gr ELD-Xs. I bought 2 boxes of Fed ammo to get on paper and zeroed close to a 1/2" dot at 100.

Disclaimer(s): #1 I am used to shooting a 12 pound .243 with a JP brake on it.
#2 I hate getting punched in the face.
#3 I can't remember why I bought this darn thing in the first place.

I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned the barrel before trying to group it and my 12 different loadings of "5" test rounds.

First 5 shots of Fed at 100 yds was almost 2". Second group was closer to 1.5". Did I mention that I don't like getting punched in the face? I'm not going to even list the test loads; data, but after 1/2 day of shooting, cleaning, cooling, putting ice on my darn cheek, I never got a group any better than the Fed ammo.

Gun, brass, dies and 150 remaining ELD-X are for sale.

Probably as much or more my fault for the wide groups, so I'm not damning the gun or bullets. The last Zombie in NW FL was killed 2 weeks ago so I no longer need the gun. And I never will get used to being punched in the face. :rolleyes:

No offense intended, but I own only one factory gun now, a weatherby vanguard II in 223. All of my other factory guns when seriously taken to the range, shot much like yours does and so now I have customs or someone else owns them.

I'm working with the 220gr ELDX in my 300winmag right now. I went out yesterday and was getting 3/4" groups at 100 yards. I was looking for the 212gr ELDX but was only able to find the 220gr so I thought why not give them a try.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts