.30 cal cleaning jag diameter

Razor18

Hello to All,

would someone be so kind to write me the diameter of the .30 cal cleaning jag?

This may not be the answer your looking for but i use a .284 dia. jag for my .308's. The .308 jag is way to hard to push down the bore unless its clean and dry then it will go down. If its the least bit dirty its like trying to push a car...

Hope this helped,
Nathan.

This may not be the answer your looking for but i use a .284 dia. jag for my .308's. The .308 jag is way to hard to push down the bore unless its clean and dry then it will go down. If its the least bit dirty its like trying to push a car...

Hope this helped,
Nathan.

+1 I do the same thing.(Use smaller jags so I can use double or triple patches )

Multiple patches fit the bore better and in my opinion clean better.

Go at least 1 size down and you will have better a feel of the condition of the bore.

J E CUSTOM

Thanks for the info Guys !

nddodd, did you write down the caliber diameter, what you use, or did you in fact measure the phisical diameter. Just asking, because you mentioned .308 jag, which has obviously smaller diameter than .308", otherwise you could push it in at all.

I want to make one myself, cause the jags I could buy online from the states have imperial thread, and my cleaning rod has metric thread. Anyway which one is better in your opinion, the slotted one or the one with the spear tip?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Guys !

nddodd, did you write down the caliber diameter, what you use, or did you in fact measure the phisical diameter. Just asking, because you mentioned .308 jag, which has obviously smaller diameter than .308", otherwise you could push it in at all.

I want to make one myself, cause the jags I could buy online from the states have imperial thread, and my cleaning rod has metric thread. Anyway which one is better in your opinion, the slotted one or the one with the spear tip?

Hey Razor18 hows it going glad that helped, im at work right now so tommorow i will try to get to my shop and measure the exact dia. of both cleaning jags and post back on here if someone hasnt already.

As far as jag types imho i would go with the spear type as well.

Nathan

Hey Razor18, I'm so sorry for not getting back to you sooner I had a couple of family matters I had to see to and just lost track I'm sorry. The .308 jag on my calipers at largest was .254 in dia., I hope this helps again I apologize for the delay.

Nathan

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts