30 cal 208 gr A-MAX reload data?

Mast

Trying to get some reloading info for Hornady's 30 cal, 208 gr A-MAX bullets. I have a Remington Sendero in 300 SAUM with 500 pieces of new brass (Remington) that came with the rifle. Hornady's reloading book doesn't have info for this bullet in 300 SAUM. I'm a newb to reloading and want to start off correctly. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mast

That's a pretty healthy sized bullet for that case. I use them in my 300wsm with 64gr of h4831sc and get right at 2700fps. Since the saum case is slightly smaller. You can try starting at about 58gr and working up with h4831sc.

Trying to get some reloading info for Hornady's 30 cal, 208 gr A-MAX bullets. I have a Remington Sendero in 300 SAUM with 500 pieces of new brass (Remington) that came with the rifle. Hornady's reloading book doesn't have info for this bullet in 300 SAUM. I'm a newb to reloading and want to start off correctly. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mast

Cartridge Loads - Hodgdon Reloading Data Center - data.hodgdon.com. Check that out, just back the powder charges down a bit from max until you test them though, as the data here is for 200 gr. bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.