30 cal 168 Accubond LR

Wachsmann

Has anyone used these bullets in a 308 win? If so what twist rate did you run them in and what were your results? Good, bad, or worst shooting bullet ever? Also has anyone killed any game up to elk size animals with these out of a 308?

I shot a buck last year at around 30 yards behind the shoulder exited the off side then through the leg also it is a 1-10 twist ERshaw I actually really have not even finished break in on this barrel though so I still don't even know how fast they are going

Last edited:
Trying to get my hands on some of these to give them a shot. Know where to find some?

I've looked a lot but never have seen them except on the internet and in videos. I think at one point midway usa had some but they are all back order everywhere. I currently shoot a lot of 168 AMAX. I will be testing some 178 ELDx bullet later when things dry up a little. My gun has a 1-12 twist so the 178's is abut as high as I want to go, possible some 180's. When I shot a few 178 earlier this year the 168's and 178 almost used the same dope with the 178 hitting a little harder (more retained energy) at 1000 yrds than the 168's. But I would still like to try some 168 ABLR bullets.

I've looked a lot but never have seen them except on the internet and in videos. I think at one point midway usa had some but they are all back order everywhere. I currently shoot a lot of 168 AMAX. I will be testing some 178 ELDx bullet later when things dry up a little. My gun has a 1-12 twist so the 178's is abut as high as I want to go, possible some 180's. When I shot a few 178 earlier this year the 168's and 178 almost used the same dope with the 178 hitting a little harder (more retained energy) at 1000 yrds than the 168's. But I would still like to try some 168 ABLR bullets.
The 178 eldx are a tougher bullet than the 168 elds. The 178s work good for elk and moose.

I forgot I took t IMG_20180930_130814778.jpg his Here is a picture of the buck that I shot last season with the 168 ablr in 308 win with a Max load of varget @20/30yards

they shoot pretty good only shot at 100 yards so far, if I remember correct I think I did a berger seating test down low then some three shot groups @ 1/2 gr at a time up to max and I liked the group just under max I was rushed for time before hunting season I still have not shot the 168 eldms loads that I was hoping to use as a cheaper practice round with a real similar bc

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.