30-378 weatherby in accumark

hjl

I am thinking of buying a 30-378 weatherby in the accumark rifle. What are your thoughts on this cartridge/ rifle combination?
If I buy a accumark can it be made into a switch barrel rig with a spare barrel in 460 Weatherby? Will the stock handle the recoil? What needs to be done to do this?
Regards.
hjl

I picked up a weatherby 30-378 synthetic and I love it. It's my favorite out of the 16 guns I own. 99 grains of H4831sc and a 180 grn nosler partition is deadly. My next is a 338-378. If you like the big 30 you can't go wrong. After my barrel goes out I'm upgrading to 338-378 and buying a new 30-378.

Take care Aaron

I really like my 30-378 stainless Mark V. Its accuracy is very impressive, there's no reason the Accumark should not be as good.
That said the 300 Wby gives up very little to the 30-378 and is much easier on barrels brass is much cheaper and requires less powder. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't give up my 30-378 but for everything one would buy a 30-378 for the 338-378 does it better but with a little more recoil and if recoil is a consideration the 300 is a better choice.
Clear as mud right.
As far as the switch barrel I don't see why you couldn't. Unless you're hunting dangerous African game though, the 338-378 would handle anything you want to shoot.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.