2A being ignored in NM

NM governor acting like a dictator. She bans gun carry both open and concealed in the city of Albuquerque ignoring the rights of citizens granted by the second amendment. Just another step in governmental control.
If ya can't catch the Bad guys, pass a law to punish the Good Guys. Then she can say, at least the Governor did something, even if it's just wrong.

NM governor acting like a dictator. She bans gun carry both open and concealed in the city of Albuquerque ignoring the rights of citizens granted by the second amendment. Just another step in governmental control.

We're way past time in explaining to tyrants why we have a Second Amendment! memtb

I think it's more of a "Look at me, everyone, I'm doing something" than a legitimate attempt at curbing the gun violence.
From what I read, most law enforcement officials are not on board with it.
Their recent spat of gun violence has mostly been underaged gang bangers. Seems like maybe THAT'S where she should start? Maybe lock them up for a serious amount of time? I get it, they are kids, but if they want to do adult crimes they need to do adult time.

Just like the confiscation of firearms in New Orleans Louisiana after the hurricane, it too was illegal. The government then claimed:
"because the right to keep and bear arms has never been recognized as a fundamental individual right."
So the mayor and police took them and lost after the NRA sued.
Lujan-Grishams words in New Mexico were:
"When New Mexicans are afraid to be in crowds, to take their kids to school, to leave a baseball game — when their very right to exist is threatened by the prospect of violence at every turn — something is very wrong,"
-Governor.
The constitution must be troublesome to her office.
The various law enforcement offices cannot enforce it.
It will end up in court.

I think it's more of a "Look at me, everyone, I'm doing something" than a legitimate attempt at curbing the gun violence.
From what I read, most law enforcement officials are not on board with it.
Their recent spat of gun violence has mostly been underaged gang bangers. Seems like maybe THAT'S where she should start? Maybe lock them up for a serious amount of time? I get it, they are kids, but if they want to do adult crimes they need to do adult time.
Yep she didn't want to waste a headline

What was that bit about "laws" that are repugnant to the constitution ?

Screenshot_20230906_125914_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230822_070657_YouTube.jpg

Seems appropriate.

Just like the confiscation of firearms in New Orleans Louisiana after the hurricane, it too was illegal. The government then claimed:
"because the right to keep and bear arms has never been recognized as a fundamental individual right."
"When New Mexicans are afraid to be in crowds, to take their kids to school, to leave a baseball game — when their very right to exist is threatened by the prospect of violence at every turn — something is very wrong,"
-Governor.
It will end up in court.
Chris Kyle actually touched on that in his book. He had a hand in it. My neighbor is friends with a guy that was on a three man (sniper) team contracted for an alphabet agency that was there shooting Americans in the head after the hurricane when all the looting was going on. That came out in drunken campfire talk at a deer lease.

Just recently passed thru Albuquerque. Stopped for fuel. My wife started looking up crime stats. You have a 1 in 17 chance of being a victim of a serious crime. On the way back home, we made sure we filled up early and blew thru that place.
Albuquerque has a lot of problems but, leaving citizens defenseless is not the answer.

-Governor.
It will end up in court.
But they're under cover body guards are armed to the teeth