280ai - Barns 168 grn LRX load

PGJPJ

Barns sent me some load data for the 280ai and the 168 grain LRX. I do have a 1:8 twist barrel, so I should be able to stabilize these. I'm just wondering if anyone has worked on these.

I would love if someone has tested with RL26 (not listed in their data). But otherwise, have you guys done any development with the 168 grn LRX?

Attachments

• 280AI_Barns_LRX.pdf
    107.7 KB · Views: 207
Barns sent me some load data for the 280ai and the 168 grain LRX. I do have a 1:8 twist barrel, so I should be able to stabilize these. I'm just wondering if anyone has worked on these.

I would love if someone has tested with RL26 (not listed in their data). But otherwise, have you guys done any development with the 168 grn LRX?

Give H4831SC a shot. In my 280ai I have a 168 berger going 3040fps out of a 25" barrel with a mag primer and 60.0 grains....

Thanks! Yeah, lots of guys like H4831sc for the 168 grn Bergers and NABLR. The Barns LRX is reaaaaallly long, so the charge would be somewhat different than the lead core VLD style bullets.

I'll have to do some experimenting.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.