28 nosler xp-100

Rogue Hunter

Just put the finishing touches on my latest build.:D

18" McGowan 1-8 twist barrel with a 4-port Magnum Muscle Brake.
Trued action, PTG one piece fluted bolt, McMillan stock and 4 screw EGW 20 MOA HD base.
Throated deep to run the 195 gr Berger EOL bullets.

Thanks for looking! gun)

-Mike

Just put the finishing touches on my latest build.:D

18" McGowan 1-8 twist barrel with a 4-port Magnum Muscle Brake.
Trued action, PTG one piece fluted bolt, McMillan stock and 4 screw EGW 20 MOA HD base.
Throated deep to run the 195 gr Berger EOL bullets.

Thanks for looking! gun)

-Mike
Can't wait to see the field report!

Three at a hundred with the 195 Berger.

With Retumbo velocity was 2775 with no signs of pressure. Will go higher on the next ladder and test Re33 too.

2850 shouldn't be a problem.

RT2506, no sun glasses were needed!:D

-Mike

Dad gone that thing is going to be a shooter. Glad you did not need the sun glasses. :D

Can't wait to see where you end up:D

Ernie,
I ran it up to 82.0 grains of Retumbo last Saturday, and it's starting to show some signs of pressure. Primers were starting to flatten, and there was a slight shiney mark from the ejector. Bolt lift was still easy though. It was raining too hard to put the chrono up, but I suspect velocity was in the 2825-2840 range if it's consistent with the other powder charge increases/measured velocity that I have seen. Five shots went into just over 1/2" at a hundred with this load.

The weekend before, I did run it up to 87.0 with Re33, and velocity was 2780 with no signs of pressure. Accuracy was okay with groups running 1-1/2 to 1-5/8 at 300 off the bipod and rear bag.

The newer lot of primers that I have now (WLRM) chrono'd 25 fps slower than the first bunch that I had that were 20 + years old, but the SD's were less with the new primers.

You'll need to run a few rounds through it when we come to Wyoming in June.:D

-Mike

-Mike

Last edited:
Did you have that action laying around for a rebuild or was it a new project altogether?
Reason I'm asking, is that I LOVE this concept.
I'm rather upset that Savage, Remington and Weatherby... have killed off all their bolt action pistols in the past few years.
I wouldn't mind to build one in 26 Nosler..... Just don't have an action registered for handgun use.... yet.gun):D

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.