XP-100 30 Nosler

Buttermilk

Trying to get ready for up coming holiday antlerless season, so I took 30 Nosler #2 out to the range to do some sighting confirmations. Shot a bit at 403 yds. I aimed at the bullet hole near center (made the hole with a 101 yd shot w/ 30 Nosler & Berger 210 VLDH @ ~2825 fps).

Just under a 2-1/2" group for three shots.

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpeg
    IMG_0352.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0011.jpeg
    IMG_0011.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 223
That's a nice looking rig. How close is the 30 Nosler to the 300 SAUM? I picked up a HS Precision 300 SAUM three years back from Tom Craft, NM Hunter on the Specialty Pistol Site. The 300 SAUM has done everything asked of it, on long range, knock down power and accuracy.
Good luck on the Doe Season. I'm talking my 300 SAUM to KS in Jan for Antlerless, any weapon season to use on any left over tags I have that I don't fill with my primitive bow this week.
Take care and good luck.
Mike

30 Nosler holds more powder than the SAUM case. I have a 7mm RSAUM as well. Case capacity is considerably more on the 30 Nosler by about 15-20 grains more depending on exact powder used.

I had specific velocity goals in mind so I chose the Nosler case, as I didn't think the SAUM nor WSM case would get me there in 30 caliber for the bullet weight I wanted to run. I even considered the RUM case (either straight RUM or 30-338 RUM), but chose the 30 Nosler as I was confident it would get me there, and it does.

I still have the XP-100 I got from you, though I've changed it up a bit.

Good luck with your hunts.

That's a nice looking rig. How close is the 30 Nosler to the 300 SAUM? I picked up a HS Precision 300 SAUM three years back from Tom Craft, NM Hunter on the Specialty Pistol Site. The 300 SAUM has done everything asked of it, on long range, knock down power and accuracy.
Good luck on the Doe Season. I'm talking my 300 SAUM to KS in Jan for Antlerless, any weapon season to use on any left over tags I have that I don't fill with my primitive bow this week.
Take care and good luck.
Mike
I have 200 rounds of Remington 300 SAUM, I have been trying to sell from 155 to 180 grain. 2 bucks a round. If interested let me know.