Xp-100 ?

edge

I have a XP-100 that I haven't shot in about 15 years.

I am thinking of re-barreling to a rifle.
1) Does the action match up to any regular Remington stocks or would I need to go for a custom stock?
2) Also are the barrel threads the same as for a 700 action, or do you know what they are?

Thanks in advance.
edge.

I have a XP-100 that I haven't shot in about 15 years.

I am thinking of re-barreling to a rifle.
1) Does the action match up to any regular Remington stocks or would I need to go for a custom stock?
2) Also are the barrel threads the same as for a 700 action, or do you know what they are?

Thanks in advance.
edge.

The XP has the same foot print as the MOD 7 Rem and the same threads in the reciever.(1.1/16
X 16 TPI.

The stock and the trigger for the Mod 7 will work.

I think that stockys stocks has some Mod 7 stocks.

J E CUSTOM

I hate to see a fine handgun get made into a rifle.
My vote is to sell it and buy a rifle

I probably would, but when I bought it it was a 7mmBR and I had a local butcher ream it to 7mm-08.

Since a loaded 7mm-08 can't be ejected I added a little pin to release the bolt.
It still has the original Zytel stock and I don't know if it is salable in its current state!

edge.

You can probably still find someone to buy it, Or better yet build yourself a long range handgun!!! You already have a great platform to start from. You'd be amazed how much cooler a gun can be without a buttstock... :)

I have a clean 700BDL long action, magnum bolt face, if you wiuld be interested in some sort of trade. Blued action.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.