.28 Nosler Build for 195's?

Hey guys I'm planning my new build.
I want to Build something to push the new Berger 195's. I was torn between the 7mm RUM and the .28 Nos. for a while. I believe I will settle on the 28 due to being able to get the bullets closer to the lands on a standard long action while hopefully reaching similar speeds. and also availability of components will be better.

My question is, has anyone built a 28? and if so have you pushed these bullets with it? What kinds of speed and accuracy can I expect?

Also any suggestions between a 26 and 28 inch barrel? I know the 28 will give a little more horsepower but is it necessary for this cartridge?

Any other insight on this cartridge or these bullets is also appreciated.

Cheers!

mountinstuff152,

Give Ryan Pierce a call and have him build you one! He did my 28 nosler and I couldn't be happier. Also have him put on one of his breaks (5 port) if you'd like it to kick like a 22-250! I did and watching hits at 1150 yds to 1 mile is awesome.

Ryan Pierce - Piercision Rifles -563-586-2000

Highly recommend his craftsmanship.

Harvman,
I appreciate the reply. I will give Ryan a call and see what he thinks of the cartridge, and any suggestions he has with it. However Ill probably have the gunsmith here in town build it when its time. I have a hard time changing guys when Ive had good luck with one.
What kinds of velocities are you getting with your 28? Have you tried the 195's through it? What length of barrel did you go with?

Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.