28 Nosler 3rd trip to the range

tbrice23

At least it is good quality brass and you can actually find the brass to buy - unlike my 7mm WSM. The crazy thing is that you can get loaded ammo for just slightly more than the brass!

I just wonder if this deal is going to fall victim to the same fate as the 7wsm. In other words, will I be able to get this brass in 3 years?

tbrice23

I'm guessing that the 28 will be popular since you get a more efficient version of the 7mm RUM but in a 30-06 length case. In my rifle the ammo fits the mag even with the 180 Bergers seated so they are jammed. What is not to like about that?

Also, Nosler being a family run business does not have to do everything for the bottom line. I don't see them letting this round go down in flames even if it isn't popular. After all, they are planning a 36 Nosler. I'm guessing they don't expect it to sell like hotcakes but they are doing it anyway.

So... if you are ever going to go for a new chambering and not worry about brass availability I'm thinking this would be the one to pick. Last but not least, if worse comes to worse you can always resize RUM brass just like you can use other WSM brass in the 7mm WSM if you need to.

Good luck at 600 and out.
Don't know how many rounds you've shot out of that nice Krieger pipe but that was a quick load development.

One of my buddy's had one built with a 28" brux and he is getting just over 3300 with RL-33 and groups around 1/2". Its a nice chambering for sure!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.