.270 using Hunter powder

chrisr

I did a search and after going cross eyed reading thru the results didn't find what I was looking for. I recently picked up a Remmy 700 in .270 for deer and hog hunting. It was a project the guy hasn't been able to get around to and he threw in 4 boxes of 150gr Noslier ballistic tips, some brass, a new walnut stock and bdl bottom metal to get rid of the adl stock that was on it. Went searching for powder over the weekend and all I could get my hands on was Ramshot Hunter. I wanted Reloader 22 but these days it seems your lucky to get anything. Anyways.....anybody have any load data for the 150gr Noslier's using Hunter powder?

You should be fine using the Barnes data, the Barnes bullet has a higher starting pressure. You can probally go up one more grain, just work up carefully.

Ramshot isn't that bad of stuff. I'd probably be using more if I hadn't bought kegs of some of the others already. I shoot tac and I've used magnum and big game. True blue works fine in my pistol.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.