27-7rem mag?

The 270wby has about the same capacity of 7mm RM but not 300WM by about 10 gr.

Man I can't wait for my 270wby barrel to get here.

After your data...may have to push faster...

I have a Carbonsix barrel on order. (270 Wby)..what a great company...

It will be nice to have a hunting barrel that is not nose heavy...

If shooting the most efficient bullet for each caliber (195 7mm and 210 30 cal) in this case family...the 270 drops 40" less @ 1000yrds and has the same wind deflection as those two other bullets...and has the same impact energy...

And the 170 jumps .3" (yes .3") in my rifle...

The 170's still rock @ 3225fps...

View attachment 96023

I can get the 165 Matrix to touch the lands...

When did the 210 become the most efficient bullet for the 30 cal? Did I miss something?

Are you changing out your current barrel or building another one?

It is going to be spun onto my ARC Nucleus LA (when it gets here + 16 week wait on the barrel) with their "Barloc quick-change barrel device". My current 270 Wby is shooting too well to mess with... I am looking to have fun with that action...6.5 Wby Mag, 6mmx284 Norma...I already have all the brass and the gauges...and the dies...

Putting in for hunting tags tonight with my hunting partner...Hope we get drawn so I can use one of these nice firearms...

When did the 210 become the most efficient bullet for the 30 cal? Did I miss something?

I should of worded that differently...you are right...I was mainly referring to the 300 Win Mag class of cases with BC vs MV vs impact energy vs caliber...

If a guy really wanted to tinker with a wildcat, I've wondered about necking up a 26 Nosler to 270.

27 Nosler already exists. difference between necking up 26 brass and 27 Nosler is so small it is not a big deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.