.264 win mag Load for remington 700 Sendero

gderr

Anyone have a bad *** load for a Remington 700 Sendero in .264? I am shooting Berger 140gr VLDs. This is a hunting gun so dont really care about getting it necked down lower the 1/2 MOA just need max downrange kinetic energy. Right now i'm struggling to get under 1MOA. Powders, loads, primers, C.O.A.L any info would be awesome. Thanks
gun)

Anyone have a bad *** load for a Remington 700 Sendero in .264? I am shooting Berger 140gr VLDs. This is a hunting gun so dont really care about getting it necked down lower the 1/2 MOA just need max downrange kinetic energy. Right now i'm struggling to get under 1MOA. Powders, loads, primers, C.O.A.L any info would be awesome. Thanks
gun)

My 264 likes either Retumbo or RL25, but, H1000 is also very good accuracy wise, but a bit low in velocity. I use Win brass, annealed, flash hole deburred and uniformed, trimmed and chamfered with a VLD tool. I also run WLRM or Fed 215 primers, I test loads with both side by side and choose whichever is the more accurate.
I am yet to try any Bergers, they're hard to get where I am, so I run 140gr Accubonds or 129gr ABLR in mine.
Retumbo is the first powder I try, but RL25 is just as accurate in my rifle.

Cheers.
gun)

With VLDs, seating depth can be very critical. Here is a link to an article from our website that goes over a bit a more detail with some tests you can run with them: VLD: Making it Shoot | Berger Bullets

If you send us an email to [email protected], we'd be glad to send you the load data sheets for all the powders we have for that cartridge combination. Also, if you have the room, you might want to try load development at a bit longer range than 100yds (assuming that's where you are at now). We've heard numerous results of shooters seeing better groups at 200-300 yards than at 100. The bullets sometimes just don't settle down by the 100yd mark. Might be worth trying them at longer ranges before you give up on a load that is showing a little promise.

I am just asking for some load specs of guys who shoot senderos in .264 and what they like to shoot out of them. I shoot bergers in 5 guns. I was just trying to cut some of the extra time and see what someone else has worked up.

The two attached targets are both sub .25 MOA at 100 yards and 230 yards respectively. Shot it with my .300 Win Mag in 700 Sendero with a Quigley-Ford Long range scope.

Load was RL 22, Hornady Brass, Winchester Primer, and 185 gr VLD at 3100FPS

100= .20MOA
230= .24MOA

Attachments

• IMG_3344.jpg
    IMG_3344.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_3300.jpg
    IMG_3300.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 140
I am just asking for some load specs of guys who shoot senderos in .264 and what they like to shoot out of them. I shoot bergers in 5 guns. I was just trying to cut some of the extra time and see what someone else has worked up.

The two attached targets are both sub .25 MOA at 100 yards and 230 yards respectively. Shot it with my .300 Win Mag in 700 Sendero with a Quigley-Ford Long range scope.

Load was RL 22, Hornady Brass, Winchester Primer, and 185 gr VLD at 3100FPS

100= .20MOA
230= .24MOA
hey, I am a Sendero Fan just added a .264 just wondering about bullet choice and OAL and proper seating depth wish there was a page or group for Sendero shooters. pretty sure I am dealing with a short porch to the lands, 140 ELDM are touching at 3.320, 156 Bergers touch at 3.400 Does any of this sound similar? and I would love to see any loads you have worked up since this post, I am hoping for a 140-grain hunting load, not sure if a 1-9 will stabilize this 156's. Any thoughts? thanks