264 info

cinch

I just received a SenderoII 264 for Christmas and need some good loads. I would like to shoot the 140 Amax with Retumbo. Also what brass are you using and is anyone necking down 7mag brass? Thanks for the help!

Winchester brass is going to be your best bet.

Necking down.....shouldn't need to if you can find Winchester brass in .264. If you can't find it just size down 7mm mag and trim.

Retumbo...... Have no idea.

H870 has been my favorite. 3200+ with 140 Berger.

Win model 70 factory barrel.

264 Win mag results

Try Sierra 142 MKs, Fed 215m primers, RE-25 and seat them out as long as the magazine will allow. Either Remington or Winchester brass. You should find a good load around 61-64 grains. Work up slowly. I have the same rifle and used it for a 500k match. Works pretty good for a factory barrel.

Catshooter has been working with the same gun for quite a few months. I'm sure he could help sort through the fog on the 264. Iif he dosen't reply, send him a PM. He has been scarce as of late.

later
Jim

Thanks for the reply. I will have to give him a shout. I still need to get mine scoped up, but I have been stock piling some components. I am hoping to find a good load with Retumbo so I do not have to add another powder in to my assortment. Thanks again!

I have been working with my friends 264 win mag sendaro 2 for a little over a 2 years now. Started out with 200 rounds of 264 win brass and the have all been reloaded 6 times. It is shooting the 140 a max at 3250 fps with 61 gr of IMR4350, federal GMM primers. It will easily put three shots in a .5 moa. With right at 1200 rounds the barrel is still in very good condition. I was suprised at the barrel condition at the current round count, no added fouling and no loss of accuracy yet. The rifle has never been over heated and is well taken care of.

Just forgot to add I reload for another 264wm and use 7mm rem mag brass necked down, wors just fine. Another option if you want quality brass is to neck down norma 7mm rem mag brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.