260AI

You say you hope to run Hammers, I would order some 85gr. You said a 97gr bullet in an earlier post which would be the absolute hammer and that 9 twist barrel is on the edge of stability.
Especially with the shorter target range, heck I might even try the 80gr tipped hammer and get some screaming velocity but you are gonna need faster powder that H-4350 to get there

You say you hope to run Hammers, I would order some 85gr. You said a 97gr bullet in an earlier post which would be the absolute hammer and that 9 twist barrel is on the edge of stability.
Especially with the shorter target range, heck I might even try the 80gr tipped hammer and get some screaming velocity but you are gonna need faster powder that H-4350 to get there
9.5 twist. I use Bison Ballistics stability calculator and so far it hasn't failed me yet. Stay tuned.

Came across a .264 24" blank with 9.5 twist. Looking to push 100Gr copper bullets and would like to know if anyone has Quickload that would give me an idea of speed and max load I may obtain.
I'm shooting berger 140 Hornady 129 out of mine using Re - 26 48.5 grains

Why handicap yourself with that twist. It's such a great cartridge you're limiting.
Something to do. Plus if I want to go further I have my 6.5x284 or 6.5Needmore. Also have the 6Needmoor, .308, 243, 30.06, 6.5 grendel, 6ARC, 25.06, and 25.45 to name a few.

I saw you were getting the 700 action and if you have not yet, you might consider a Mack Brothers. Already has the M16 extractor, nitride bolt with flutes and Wyatt's cut.

Good luck! Can't wait to see your finished product. The thought of a 6.5swede in a short action is very intriguing.

I found a new factory Stainless Remington Short.Action for under 650. Blank barrel under 150.
Are you going to do any work on the R700 SA? Square up the face, square up the lugs, upgrade the extractor, Nitride, bolt handle, flute the bolt, side bolt release, bushing the firing pin, upgrade firing pin or spring?

Are you going to do any work on the R700 SA? Square up the face, square up the lugs, upgrade the extractor, Nitride, bolt handle, flute the bolt, side bolt release, bushing the firing pin, upgrade firing pin or spring?
Not at all. Never have and gotten great results. Only thing I've done to my factory actions is change out a trigger.

What distances are you shooting? I'm assuming shorter distances because you are certainly handicapping yourself with many choices you are making with this build.
24" barrel, 100 gr. bullet @ around 3,000 fps...I don't see much of a distance handicap. I run basically that same setup with a 22" bbl and I'm good to +1,000.

Recent Posts