26 nosler help

I have a 26 with Stiller action and brux barrel. Today kinda by accident I found a real tac driver,at least for me,78 grains retumbo,Winchester magnum primers,140 grain Berger's seated .002 off lands,3.52 oal ,boron nitride,3391fps,easy bolt ,three shots in 5/8 of inch at 200 yds,suppressor.went from Barnes 127lrx to Berger and forgot to set oal is why they ended up so long

I have a 26 with Stiller action and brux barrel. Today kinda by accident I found a real tac driver,at least for me,78 grains retumbo,Winchester magnum primers,140 grain Berger's seated .002 off lands,3.52 oal ,boron nitride,3391fps,easy bolt ,three shots in 5/8 of inch at 200 yds,suppressor.went from Barnes 127lrx to Berger and forgot to set oal is why they ended up so long
So my tikka shot that load good also 78 grn of retumbo with Bergers as well then I ran 78 grn of retumbo with 142 ablr and got 3 shot 1/4 moa but had pressure signs hard bolt lift

What kinda groups where u getting with Barnes

IMG_1130.JPG
This is pretty average for what I get from the LRX at 100y - dropped to 79gr which had a better ES.

I tired US869 on my 26 Nosler. I got mixed results and didn't care much for the powder. I switched to RL33 with 136gr Lapua Scenars and now shoots consistent 1/2" groups at 100 yards and doing well to 900 yards. The speed with 26" barrel is 3415fps.
Are u using the scenars for hunting as well

So I loaded up 5 shots with 74 gr of retumbo and 142gr ablr to mag length but the bolt is a snug lift when extracting but I'm getting sub moa to 500 yards do u guys think this is ok

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.