257 Weatherby help

When I had a 257 Weatherby imr4831 was my go to powder with about any 120 grain pill I wanted to shoot and it always shot well. I sold it because I have a model 70 featherweight in 257 Roberts that is a tack driver that seems to be my go to mule deer rifle.

Ramshot Magnum has been my "go-to" powder in 257Wby and 100gn bullets. It gave me better velocity/accuracy and lower ES/SD vs. R-22. Ramshot Magnum available in a few places right now.

Mine really shines with either RE25 or Retumbo.
Also, look at the COAL that the book uses, this is often where the best accuracy lies, trying to get close to the rifling in most Weatherby's is futile.
When I order Weatherby reamers, I normally go with .376" freebore in the 257/270 Weatherby size and .500" freebore in the 300/340/375 size.

Cheers.

Imr 4350 with a 90 gr Hammer in a 257 Wby would pick you up some velocity over the 110 accubond and they don't care about jump or freebore as hard as powder is too come by and as easy as hammer bullets are get some and shoot happy ever after
Not what the op asked for in the least.

I've been loading the 257 WBY for over 20 years IMR 7977, H1000 and retumbo have given me the best results. 7977nd H1000 have very similar burn rates I use 74 grains of each one with the 110 accubonds and 76 grains with the retumbo but work up to those loads carefully as they are very much maxed out your rifle might hit pressure signs before mine but I'm getting 3599 fps out of the H1000 and IMR 7977 and I seat the bullets to where they will barely fit in the mag box I can't remember what I'm getting out the retumbo because I ran out and haven't bought any in a while getting 1\4 moa 5 shot groups by the way

The op said he would like too stick with imr 4350 said nothing of the accubonds 68 grs of Imr 4350 gets you top vel with 90 gr bullets and even more with the absolute hammers so what are you talking about
If I were the op I would load the imr4350 with some different bullet options too see if that powder will work which it should especially if I had that kind of supply and maybe try something different when available just so happens hammer bullets are available and might work for him they are as finiky about bullet jump as some others so they might be the ticket the 90 gr absolute will work in a 1-10 twist or faster

If I were the op I would load the imr4350 with some different bullet options too see if that powder will work which it should especially if I had that kind of supply and maybe try something different when available just so happens hammer bullets are available and might work for him they are as finiky about bullet jump as some others so they might be the ticket the 90 gr absolute will work in a 1-10 twist or faster
Correction they are not finiky about bullet jump as some of the other bullets by all means use your bullet of choice

I had some one message me about 64.5 grains of IMR 4350 and this was the most promising load I have had yet so thank you for all of the help. I am onto something here

Attachments

• 2042F225-F1C7-4D87-B537-6040288E6F8B.jpeg
    2042F225-F1C7-4D87-B537-6040288E6F8B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
Mine really shines with either RE25 or Retumbo.
Also, look at the COAL that the book uses, this is often where the best accuracy lies, trying to get close to the rifling in most Weatherby's is futile.
When I order Weatherby reamers, I normally go with .376" freebore in the 257/270 Weatherby size and .500" freebore in the 300/340/375 size.

Cheers.
These are my go to powders as well. I was able to duplicate velocity and accuracy of the factory Weatherby load with 115 ballistic tips using Retumbo.
I get screaming velocity and still great accuracy with RL25 and Berger 115 VLDs.

Mine puts 115g Partitions into a ragged hole. It didn't like the Berger's and the Ballistic Tips are too fragile for my liking…best accuracy has been with the 110g Accubond. Same goes in my 25-06's, which use the same powders.

Cheers.