Help!!! need load for 257 weatherby

Well If anyone care several years back I just used the Weatherby 115 BT ammo. I took one antelope doe at 258yrs and the bullet logged in the off side shoulder under the hide fully opened. 2 days later I shot another at 398 and had complete pass through with about a quarter size hole on the exit. Since then I sold the weatherby for a 6.5x284 Norma. I was surprised when the new weatherby came out with the 300 case necked down to a 6.5. I think the 257 necked up to a 6.5 would of been more practical. But that would of been I think almost the same as a 264 win mag or just slightly over.
I thought the same thing about the new 6.5-300 Wby. Imho, Wby needed a shock and awe 6.5 entry for salesmanship. Would love to see necked up 257. Would make a lot of sense and an excellent all around rifle. I actually tried to find a reamer to do just that when researching a caliber for my last rifle. Just about opted for 6.5-284. Settled on another 257. It's never let me down. If I can find a reamer.... I know McWhorter chambers a 6.5 Wby. There's always a future re-barrel prospect!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.