.257 roberts +p loads

Sendero270

I was wondering if someone could clear this up for me. I am thinking of purchasing a .257 roberts and was looking at brass. There was normal brass and then there was .257 + p brass. From my understanding the +p brass is just thicker to withstand higher pressures so I would be safe using it in the standard .257 chambering. Could someone who knows tell me if i'm right or wrong on this. Thanks for replying.

Sendero270,

Yes, you can use the +P brass in your 257 just the same as standard brass. Actually, I'm not even sure the brass is any different than standard 257 cases. Had a M70 Featherweight in 257 some years back, and don't recall if I ever saw any difference between the 257 and the 257+P cases. I'm sure someone else can chime in here?

Alright, I just wanted to make sure I understood what I read instead of assuming. Thanks for replying.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.