.257 bee 90gr absolute

I'm with you. Got a 10-twist from a 25-300RUM I purchased used. Converted the chamber into a 25 WSM. So interested in following your progress. I've not shot my 25 WSM, and won't until ~May.

Went out today and shot a group at 200 just under .75" I'm super happy with that.
I'm a bit on the warm side I think. I did this when I just got into it and didn't keep track of how many times I shot the brass. So one when loaded I know felt really easy to press in primer. It indeed fell out. Maybe 4 loads on it so it's probably on the warm side or was. I noticed some already had brass flow on cases before I loaded but other than that looked good. Not crazy bad flow either.
Boy I've come along way since that time .

Yup. I shot a couple 115gr Burger VLDs at 3,900fps from that 25 RUM. But that was over doing it pressure-wise. And some of those Burger bullets never reached a 100yd target backer at those velocities. At 3,750fps they held together OK.

There was no way I could efficiently utilize the 25 RUM case capacity with a 10-twist barrel. That much case capacity needs a 130-150gr bullet to get efficient performance. And my 10-twist would never stabilize the heavier bullets. The barrel shot well, so I finally decided to set it back 1/3" and rechamber it in 25 WSM.

Will try the 115gr Burgers again. But would be fun to get some monolithic copper bullets, and crank them at maximum muzzle velocity.

Yep I wish I could shoot a 100-115 gr mono but I'll take 90gr at my speed and not have to worry about what the bullet is gonna do. I had some crazy things happen at close range with nosler 115. They worked great past 300 but boy they turned the lights off quick.

Yep I wish I could shoot a 100-115 gr mono but I'll take 90gr at my speed and not have to worry about what the bullet is gonna do. I had some crazy things happen at close range with nosler 115. They worked great past 300 but boy they turned the lights off quick.
Close range terminal surprises on large game? Such as?

Bullet would come apart almost like it hit something right before target.
Lots of damage shallow. They still dropped but no exit and very shallow penetration.
That's was mainly on pigs. Deer they more often than not worked great. But I was behind shoulder. Lots of bloodshot meat. I'll show e to see if I can find pictures.
It never let me down but I sure feel more comfortable with the hammers. They have been very consistent no matter the speed.

Recent Posts