25 pounds only?

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by yazoomark, Aug 18, 2011.

  1. yazoomark

    yazoomark Member

    May 23, 2011
    Am I reading the regulations correctly for wyoming where it says you can only ship back 25 lbs. of meat?
  2. WyoElk2Hunt

    WyoElk2Hunt Well-Known Member

    Aug 15, 2009
    Where are you reading this? I think as long as you have the carcass tag with the meat you can take the whole animal.

    HARPERC Well-Known Member

    Jan 28, 2011
    I bought all of mine back, but Washington state requires it be brought in boned out. I haven't looked in awhile, but I don't think there is an issue on the Wyoming side. If your going to have someone process it at home check local regs as well.
  4. CPGfan

    CPGfan Well-Known Member

    Mar 2, 2010
    If you are NOT the person who killed the animal you may only transport 25lbs. If you are the tagholder you may take it all.
  5. Topgun 30-06

    Topgun 30-06 Well-Known Member

    Dec 6, 2010
    This is currently on the F&G website and has been that way for years. Many states now require the animal be deboned and the skullcap cleaned of all residue before being brought into their state for final consumption because of CWD, but I've never heard of this 25# comment. I took a deer home for a friend that flew out there and met me and all I did was buy that Intestate Game Tag at a local processing plant.

    Q. Can I legally haul a friend's elk back to town if he isn't with me?
    A. You can transport game for another person if the game is properly tagged with the carcass coupon detached from the license of the person who harvested the animal. If the game is to be transported out of state by someone other than the license holder, an interstate game tag must be obtained. Interstate game tags cost $8 and are available from game wardens, Game and Fish regional offices and some taxidermists and meat processors.