25-06 vs 257 wby

I have both, but I always target, varmint, loan or hunt with my 25-06. For younger shooters they seem to handle the 25-06 fine, while the 257 W has a little too much muzzle blast and recoil for them. The price for ammo on the Weatherby is double the 25-06. Brass is no comparison in favor of 25-06. With a 115 Berger my Ruger No. 1 will shoot under half inch groups at 3200 fps. It's killed a ton of mule deer, blacktail and hogs over the years. I've actually killed my first 3 bull elk with 120 grain Partition's. I just haven't seen enough advantages with hunting situations to use my Weatherby. I probably don't help the Roy as I only shoot factory ammo out of it, while I reload for the 25-06. If it's not broken don't fix it kinda scenario so I just keep reaching for the 06. I also have a 257 Roberts and have been playing with it quite a bit lately. The Bob shoots 115 Ballistic Tips at 2800, so considerably different than it's big brothers.

I have a Roberts , 25-06 and a 257 Weatherby. Like them all if only had to pick one would be Weatherby. I still use the 257 Roberts for kids for first hunts. Less recoil in a Model 70 Feather Weight. All are great calibers in their own right.

The WBee for the win. With the heavier bullets and faster twist rates, you need more powder capacity. Lightweight bullets need speed to get the terminal effects

guess I'm the oddball. I'd opt for the .25-06 or the Ackley version. Had them all.. like the Ackley best.
However i'm sure either would serve you well..

12 years ago I was looking at the Rem 700 CDL stainless fluted. They had it in 257 Weatherby and several other calibers including 270 WSM. I opted for the 270 WSM, mainly because I wasn't in the mood to spend so much on brass. I usually keep a decent amount of brass on hand. I have since purchased a 25-06 hill country built model 700 that I love. I know a somewhat famous deer hunter here in Utah that the 25-06 was his go to. He would use the gun for a year or 2 and eventually sell it because someone would offer him enough for it that he figured it was worth it. He eventually shifted over to 257 Weatherby. He loved both. I am extremely happy with my 25-06. Either would be good.

I have a 250 savage, 3 257 roberts , a 2506 and a 257 wby . I have killed dozens of deer with the last two mentioned..both are very fast killers with good shot placement with 110 accubond or 115 ballistic tip. That being said the 257 wby gives lightning strike bang flops. If I were making your decision I would get the wby...if not I would be wondering (what if)
Like stovepipe says, I too have the 250 Savage AI, the 257 Roberts, and the 25:06AI, and I haven't had anything walk away from an introduction to a well placed bullet from any one of them. My longest shot on a Washington State Blacktail at 540 yards resulted in the deer flipping upside down and not moving. I can't ask for any more.

I'm for 25 caliber anything as long as it doesn't end in Needmoor
LOL, I hear ya on the Creed stuff, BUT the Lapua small primer case in a .25 lets you explore performance that is amazing.. I've built several of them they shoot very well. My chrono is repeatable day after day giving me 3,300 with 100NBT's and pockets stay tight.. What's not to like ?
But there's Ford and Chevy -------. Enjoy!

I have my heart set on a 25 cal with a nice wood stock - don't have a 25 or a nice wood stocked rifle. This rifle would be primarily for whitetail and pronghorn hunting.

I am planning on using norma brass, 120gr nosler partitions or 110gr nosler accubonds. I have components and dies for both calibers, just trying to decide which route to go at this point.

Attached are screenshots from nosler's reloading data for each caliber for a quick comparison of expectations from a velocity standpoint.

- I have heard from several guys that Retumbo and VV N560 narrow the gap between the 2, but don't have any personal experience to back that claim up.

Assuming same barrel lengths 24" or 26" and identical components - which caliber would you choose?
257 Roberts is way more fun, and less recoil..

I have my heart set on a 25 cal with a nice wood stock - don't have a 25 or a nice wood stocked rifle. This rifle would be primarily for whitetail and pronghorn hunting.

I am planning on using norma brass, 120gr nosler partitions or 110gr nosler accubonds. I have components and dies for both calibers, just trying to decide which route to go at this point.

Attached are screenshots from nosler's reloading data for each caliber for a quick comparison of expectations from a velocity standpoint.

- I have heard from several guys that Retumbo and VV N560 narrow the gap between the 2, but don't have any personal experience to back that claim up.

Assuming same barrel lengths 24" or 26" and identical components - which caliber would you choose?