25-06 REM and H4831/4350

Couple years ago I started developing a 25-06 load using IMR4831 and Ramshot Magnum with the 100gn Barnes TTSX... that project got put on hold and never finished it. I wish I had more to share on that but the Barnes 100gn TTSX is a great bullet for the 25-06 and I would go with that over the 110gn ELDX.

We cant give you the min/max outside of published data for our rifles as pressure will be different than your rifle will get, if there isn't published load data for the components you want to use then you have to be comfortable extrapolating a starting point from published load date for similar next closest components and cautiously work up towards your desired velocity watching for pressure signs. Start with the published load data from your powder mfg for the next closest weight bullet your using, next compare with the published load data from your bullet mfg for reference only... ideally the two should be close but what your looking for is your powder mfg starting point should be lower than the max from your bullet mfg (from the other powders the bullet mfg lists).
Hodgdon has their H4831 load data for a 100gn Nosler Partition starting at 51gn.
Thank you

Here's two I shoot in my savage 110. Please work up from a book recommended starting load in your rifle. The load is H4831 for the Berger 115.

Attachments

• C6BE62B0-37D0-4153-A2C1-EE2345177A59.jpeg
    C6BE62B0-37D0-4153-A2C1-EE2345177A59.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 36
This particular lot of H4350 is a bit hotter than a previous lot I had so this is right close to max in my rifle. The faster I pushed the Barnes the better they shot.

I also have a load for the Sierra 100 grain game kings too. I went away from that bullet as it just doesn't hold together at close range at 25-06 speeds. I was getting big holes in Whitetails and was chopping coyotes practically in half at 350yds and under. Granted they all died but I'd get a lot of bloodshot meat on deer.

I've never tried but I'm pretty sure that 100 grain TTSX at that speed would go through elk pretty easy. I know a guy who shot a cow moose with it and it worked fine.

I shoot both the 92 g HH and 90 TTSX with the following:
Federal GM210 primer
53g H4350
Norma Brass
Both shoot .5 or better

Rifle is an old 700BDL Varmint

This particular lot of H4350 is a bit hotter than a previous lot I had so this is right close to max in my rifle. The faster I pushed the Barnes the better they shot.

I also have a load for the Sierra 100 grain game kings too. I went away from that bullet as it just doesn't hold together at close range at 25-06 speeds. I was getting big holes in Whitetails and was chopping coyotes practically in half at 350yds and under. Granted they all died but I'd get a lot of bloodshot meat on deer.

I've never tried but I'm pretty sure that 100 grain TTSX at that speed would go through elk pretty easy. I know a guy who shot a cow moose with it and it worked fine.
Have you tried the Hornady ELD-X. Between That and the TTSX, which one would you go with. I have plenty of both, and this is my western gun for antelope (120 lbs) to Mule deer (up to 250 lbs).

Have you tried the Hornady ELD-X. Between That and the TTSX, which one would you go with. I have plenty of both, and this is my western gun for antelope (120 lbs) to Mule deer (up to 250 lbs).
I don't have any experience with the ELD-X in the 25-06. The TTSX will work fine for both antelope and mule deer and you can basically shoot them at any angle if need be.

Im sure the ELD-X would work well also. Not sure how they hold up on close shots at 25-06 speeds but I'm sure you would be fine. The 25-06 is an awesome antelope and deer cartridge.

I want an accurate load to about 400-500 yds. I have a bunch of H4831 and H4350 and want to use it because of the lack of sensitivity to temperature. But I can't find any load books or anything online for a 100gr Barnes TTSX. Can someone please give me the Min/max or point me in the right direction. Also, what are people thoughts on Hornady 110gr ELD-X vs Barnes 100gr TTSX. Thank you in advance.
Just a thought I have some 90 grain absolute hammers coming for mine but you would need a faster power something around the ÇFE 223 burn rate. Tribb

I don't have any experience with the ELD-X in the 25-06. The TTSX will work fine for both antelope and mule deer and you can basically shoot them at any angle if need be.

Im sure the ELD-X would work well also. Not sure how they hold up on close shots at 25-06 speeds but I'm sure you would be fine. The 25-06 is an awesome antelope and deer cartridge.
Thanks again

My brother and nephew shoot the 115g Berger and 110g Accubond with R#25 with Federal 215's at 3000, and they have killed a lot of deer and hogs with this load at MV of 3000 fps.

From my own experience years ago, the 117g Sierra is worth building a rifle around, deer just flop and I shot H4831 with a cci 250 primer in Winchester brass, tad over 3000 fps. On antelope, I shot the 87g Speer hot core with amazing accuracy at 3560 fps with R#19 with Winchester primers, also a load with 56g of IMR 4350 with Sierra 87's for coyotes(work up to this load in your rifle, I shot this out of a Rem 700).