25-06 REM and H4831/4350

I want an accurate load to about 400-500 yds. I have a bunch of H4831 and H4350 and want to use it because of the lack of sensitivity to temperature. But I can't find any load books or anything online for a 100gr Barnes TTSX. Can someone please give me the Min/max or point me in the right direction. Also, what are people thoughts on Hornady 110gr ELD-X vs Barnes 100gr TTSX. Thank you in advance.
Think I use 50 grains imr4831 in mine an 100 grain noslers get right around 3000fps. But that's in my gun. Mite check hogdon web site

25/06 data from Barnes manual #1 , they used a 26 inch shilen bbl,Winchester brass Remington 9.5 primers using their 100 Barnes x bullet H4350 start 47.0 grns 3043 fps ,max 51.0 grns,3228 fps. H4831 start 52.0 grns ,3177 fps,max 56.0 grns ,3287 fps. So if your bbl is 22 inch , you will lose 100 fps,if your bbl is 24 inch you'll lose 50 fps . Granted this isn't the same bullet you have but it's close,it's good to cross/reference all load data ,it's been published ,so if your serious due your homework, as you found out it's not available for ever , hope this helps you out .🤔🥳

You asked about the H 110 eldx Vs the Barnes Ttsx, the hornady can't carry water for the Barnes. My personal opinion and yes I own and reload my 25/06 , cheers

How do you watch for pressure. I've always gone off the books
You watch for flat primers first and a shiny swipe on the back of the case head. The next stage of pressure is a stiff extraction of the case. If you hit this you've gone too far and need to back down. I don't think you'll pressure at 54 grains but every rifle is different.
A very efficient way to find a max charge with any given bullet, rifle combo is to start at the bottom and load up in .5 grain increments to the desired charge or until you find over pressure. While you don't need a chronograph it is definitely a worthwhile investment.
Once you find pressure, the group from your ladder will tell you a good indication of how well the combo will shoot. If you have a central cluster and a few outliers it will more than likely shoot ok.

For example if you start at 50 grains and load to 54 grains of h4350 in .5 grain increments one cartridge at a time and start to see ejector swipe at 53.5 grains stop and back off. Load a group at 52 and 52.5 and see how well they group.
This should give you a good baseline and some minor seating tuning or a primer change can shrink groups down if it doesn't shoot acceptable as is.

I hope this helps you. There are YouTube videos as well as very good reads on the internet explaining these loading methods and what to look for when finding pressure signs.

Think I use 50 grains imr4831 in mine an 100 grain noslers get right around 3000fps. But that's in my gun. Mite check hogdon web site
Hogdons website doesn't mention the TTSX - and since it's copper (longer), I was wondering about extra pressure from having more metal on metal longer

H4831, Sierra 117 gr gameking, 52ish grains.
You know it brother!!
IMG_8345.jpeg
IMG_8344.jpeg

You watch for flat primers first and a shiny swipe on the back of the case head. The next stage of pressure is a stiff extraction of the case. If you hit this you've gone too far and need to back down. I don't think you'll pressure at 54 grains but every rifle is different.
A very efficient way to find a max charge with any given bullet, rifle combo is to start at the bottom and load up in .5 grain increments to the desired charge or until you find over pressure. While you don't need a chronograph it is definitely a worthwhile investment.
Once you find pressure, the group from your ladder will tell you a good indication of how well the combo will shoot. If you have a central cluster and a few outliers it will more than likely shoot ok.

For example if you start at 50 grains and load to 54 grains of h4350 in .5 grain increments one cartridge at a time and start to see ejector swipe at 53.5 grains stop and back off. Load a group at 52 and 52.5 and see how well they group.
This should give you a good baseline and some minor seating tuning or a primer change can shrink groups down if it doesn't shoot acceptable as is.

I hope this helps you. There are YouTube videos as well as very good reads on the internet explaining these loading methods and what to look for when finding pressure signs.
Thank you very much

You asked about the H 110 eldx Vs the Barnes Ttsx, the hornady can't carry water for the Barnes. My personal opinion and yes I own and reload my 25/06 , cheers
Good to hear opinions. I have been leaning towards Barnes, but Hornady is easier to find. I e got about 200 Barnes and 300 Hornady - so some room to play

25/06 data from Barnes manual #1 , they used a 26 inch shilen bbl,Winchester brass Remington 9.5 primers using their 100 Barnes x bullet H4350 start 47.0 grns 3043 fps ,max 51.0 grns,3228 fps. H4831 start 52.0 grns ,3177 fps,max 56.0 grns ,3287 fps. So if your bbl is 22 inch , you will lose 100 fps,if your bbl is 24 inch you'll lose 50 fps . Granted this isn't the same bullet you have but it's close,it's good to cross/reference all load data ,it's been published ,so if your serious due your homework, as you found out it's not available for ever , hope this helps you out .🤔🥳
Thank you. I screenshot this. I'm gonna research the X bullet and see how closely related they are. Since it is copper, I'm assuming it will be the closest comparison yet - if it isn't the same thing already. Thank you again

I want an accurate load to about 400-500 yds. I have a bunch of H4831 and H4350 and want to use it because of the lack of sensitivity to temperature. But I can't find any load books or anything online for a 100gr Barnes TTSX. Can someone please give me the Min/max or point me in the right direction. Also, what are people thoughts on Hornady 110gr ELD-X vs Barnes 100gr TTSX. Thank you in advance.

Couple years ago I started developing a 25-06 load using IMR4831 and Ramshot Magnum with the 100gn Barnes TTSX... that project got put on hold and never finished it. I wish I had more to share on that but the Barnes 100gn TTSX is a great bullet for the 25-06 and I would go with that over the 110gn ELDX.

We cant give you the min/max outside of published data for our rifles as pressure will be different than your rifle will get, if there isn't published load data for the components you want to use then you have to be comfortable extrapolating a starting point from published load date for similar next closest components and cautiously work up towards your desired velocity watching for pressure signs. Start with the published load data from your powder mfg for the next closest weight bullet your using, next compare with the published load data from your bullet mfg for reference only... ideally the two should be close but what your looking for is your powder mfg starting point should be lower than the max from your bullet mfg (from the other powders the bullet mfg lists).
Hodgdon has their H4831 load data for a 100gn Nosler Partition starting at 51gn.