• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 243AI surgeon, mcmillan

uncle_creepy

I have a custom 243 AI that I am looking to sell. It is a John Beanland built custom gun. This thing shoots great - It just doesn't get any love at my house. I am a .25 cal guy.

I have this gun running 3250 with no pressure signs. It has 323 rounds through it mostly to fireform brass.
specs are:
surgeon 591 243AI
Jewell trigger
Krieger 23" 1X8 spiral fluted
Mcmillan A5 painted Black - std fill - Pillars installed and bedded in marine tex
HS precision BM with one 4 round mag
148 pcs lapua 1X formed brass
200 105 AMAX
~75 107 Sierra HPBT (moly)
redding dies

Possible trades would be a Rem 700 SA or LA .473 BF for a 257AI project or good AR10 (no DPMS) +/- cash

will sell outright for 2950 + shipping
I will not sell dies, brass or bullets seperate until gun is sold. I will update post if that occurs - please don't ask.

441.jpg

Just some close ups.

This is pretty much what I wanted to build but I was going to use a 7 twist for the 115 bergers Did you ever try the 105 Bergers?

I have. They shot well. I have run the 105 AMAX, VLD, Nosler and 107 sierra's. I stuck with the 107's because they were easy to come by. Now the AMAX are available I would likely switch back.

What's on top I/E scope, rings, bases? I was looking at the "semi custom" 243wssm that is posted Feb.17th also. It has a AVS 5 R rockcreek carbon wrapped barrel 1-8 twist? Any pro's con's regarding his gun or caliber? I think it's on page 10 or 11?

Last edited: