.243 Long Range Ammo needed

the blur

I'm doing an Antelope hunt with my .243. I need a suggestion for good LR ammo. Off the shelf ammo.

I want to be ready for 400-500 yards.

Any suggestion for good off the shelf ammo would be appreciated.

Look for HSM trophy gold loaded with the 95 gr Bergers. I don't know of any others off the top my head but I know they make a high bc, off the shelf option.

Hornady 103 ELD-X in factory ammo or something loaded with a 105 Berger should do the trick. Maybe Copper Creek Ammo?

Blur, HSM is very good quality. Their 87gr Berger load will be more stable at your 500yds and do an antelope with authority. Good luck

Winchester combined tech 95gr. They are loaded with nosler and are by far the most accurate out of my .243 out to 500 and have worked well on pigs and deer. Hsm is also another one. Mine just would not shoot those well.

Nosler factory loads the 90 gr accubonds. They also show loadings for the 90 BT and the 85 gr partition.
In my rifle, the accubonds are the most accurate out to 600 on steel.

Looking on Midway I see several good possibilities:
Hornady Superformance w/ a 95 gr SST
Federal 'blue box' Power Shok with 80 gr Speer Hot-cor
Hornady Whitetail ammo with 100 gr Interlock
Hornady Superformance with an 80 gr GMX

and many others.

Hornady 103 ELD-X in factory ammo or something loaded with a 105 Berger should do the trick. Maybe Copper Creek Ammo?

Although I agree with your recommendations, twist rate is an important factor. Most factory 243s aren't adequately twisted for the 100+ grains high BC bullets.

Although I agree with your recommendations, twist rate is an important factor. Most factory 243s aren't adequately twisted for the 100+ grains high BC bullets.

True, High BC 100 grain plus bullets would likely require an 8 twist for best results.

Not sure what is factory loaded, if anything, with a 100 grain Sierra, but those shot well in my son's 243 ADL, along with the 85 grain HPBT, which some say is a dual purpose varmint/deer bullet..

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.