230 gr in a 10 twist

Yep buddy's been running his 300 NM improved with them for some time and runs well over 3000 more like 3150 with zero issues. He's running an 8 twist and shoots 212-250s with no issues. Hornady 212/225s with no issues. Typically Hornady will have issues when Berger doesn't.

With an 8 twist? Weak end guess I dont understand.
Yes I meant at 10. End it is weak. Depends how far you're gonna kill. We shoot out to 1200 yards in Arizona. I'd make sure I had good velocity. Check the chart in Berger's website
With an 8 twist? Weak end guess I dont understand
I dont think you can use bergers in a 8 twist 30 cal and then complain about them blowing up.
10 twist is what I meant. He has a 20 inch barrel. And he is on the low end of the scale. He ain't gonna get 3000fps I don't care what any of you say. Ive owned four 300 ultra mags and the fastest I got without pressure was 90 grains of a retumbo. You ain't gonna do it with a 20 inch barrel.

I dont think you can use bergers in a 8 twist 30 cal and then complain about them blowing up.
An 8 twist isn't too much twist for the 230s and I've never seen any come apart either running at 3100 fps using one. The 9 IMO is ideal unless it's a .308 win then an 8 may be needed. Around 280,000 RPMs running an 8 twist with 230s at 3100 fps won't spin jackets off the Berger bullet, or at least I've never seen it done. Maybe in the lower-mid 300,000 range. Not sure what speed you'd need to make for that to happen.
OK I agree. Just remember I never said 8 twist was the magic number, it was a miss print. I agree a nine it's probably the magic number based on the chart from Berger company.

OK I agree. Just remember I never said 8 twist was the magic number, it was a miss print. I agree a nine it's probably the magic number based on the chart from Berger company.
9 twist barrels are working perfectly for the Berger 230s. Alot of guys just want the assurance if running the 245/250s. The 8 works for all of the above. Many I've heard shooting the 308 Win with heavies are also inclined to go faster since it's a slow cartridge running heavies.