230 gr in a 10 twist

You have to test at long range. If stability is on the edge it can shoot one hole at 100 but at 1k you will have vertical issues. I would error on the faster side if your at lower elevations. Some of the best 1000 yard BR AGG records are around 1.8 on the Miller scale.

Am I all wet on this or does the miller scale not take altitude into there calculations?

It does, but I do not believe the Miller scalle is ideal for long range. Most of the 1000 yard group aggregate records are in the 1.8 range on the Miller scale and thats what I shoot for. Lots of really good 1000yd combos in that 1.8 range. If I was shooting 100-200 Id go with less.

FWIW I run 53 vmax out of my 1:12 twist 223 with an Sg of 1.02 with great results. It completely falls on its face at transonic (very erratic vertical), but before that its sub 1/2 moa all day out to 600 in calm conditions.

Run some numbers on your typical 1:12-1:14 22 cal centerfires. Absolute garbage for Sg's (in some cases below 1), but many people have great results despite this.

Obviously if you have a choice in the matter, then of course, choose a twist rate to give you 1.5+ Sg for optimum bc and transonic/subsonic transition results.

What i'm saying is just because the calculator shows a less than ideal number please don't be a afraid to try it out.

p.s. my altitude is only 500 feet asl.