.223 Remington semiauto rifles that don't look like ARs

Screenshot_20220621-092857.png

I already have bolt rifles in .308, 6.5cm, and .300 Norma mag. We were having fun fastplinking with our semiauto PC carbines but they only go out to 200 yards, I figured we could expand to 600 yards with .223rem.
For that I'd go with a sporter weight or light varmint bolt rifle. If you reload then try to find something in a fast twist.

I already have bolt rifles in .308, 6.5cm, and .300 Norma mag. We were having fun fastplinking with our semiauto PC carbines but they only go out to 200 yards, I figured we could expand to 600 yards with .223rem.
I have 2 - in all honesty - forget 600 yards unless you are doing lob shots. The .223/5.56 will not get better distance in a semi auto than it does in a bolt rifle. It's the cartridge not the rifle that limits it's distance. Also, since lead ammo is banned in Cali, you're gonna be shooting expensive copper for plinking.

Me and a friend want to buy .223 Remington semiauto rifles that don't look like ARs or military guns. Anyone know of one? I know the bolt rifle I would get as an alternative but we want semiautos.
About the only non military looking rifle is the Browning BAR, but the smallest caliber it is available in is .243. Looking around about the only high quality bolt action that I would recommend is the Tikka T3x Varmint Hunter https://www.tikka.fi/en-us/rifles/tikka-t3x/t3x-varmint-hunter#overview, Their 1 MOA or less guarantee and no break in required are all accurate. These rifles shoot. Hope that this helps. Sorry cant find an non military looking semi auto but you will like this bolt action. I have 3 Tikka rifles, a .270, a 30-06 and a T1x ,22 All shoot well under 1 MOA including the .22 at 100 yards. The 270 which is the only one that I have fired at 300 yards held a 2.4 inch group, well under their 1 MOA guarantee. Use premium ammo or quality reloads. My reloads for the .270 shoot the same as Sig Sauer Premium ammo. Good luck and Good Shooting.

In the late 1960's we laughed at the M16 because it didn't look military and one of the favorite references was "made by Mattel". To anyone familiar with hunting the 5.56mm cartridge felt like a joke when compared to the 30-06 or 308.

You will not find a semi-automatic 223 that doesn't look like a military rifle because there is no incentive to develop a rifle for which a mature government financed design exists. That is unless it a "new" military design. Even Bill Ruger, when developing the "mini 14" simply scaled the action from the 308 M14 to the 223/5.56 cartridge.
Interesting. We've been shooting bolt rifles up til now but it takes minutes to compose each shot out to a mile and beyond using .300 Norma mag, my 90% first hit confidence range goes out to 1500 yards, but then we bought these Ruger PC carbines 9mm and those were fun for fast plinking out to 200 yards with red dots so now I thought we could expand to 600 yards using .223rem and staying with red dots or holosights with reticles. I never asked my friend why he doesn't like a military looking rifle but I feel the same way, we like the classic hunter rifle look with a wooden stock.

Y'all don't find the OPs question and use of words like "clip" a little odd? No reference to what "they" are trying to hunt or anything useful.
Spot on 100% first thing I thought too. Is it possible we have a gun hater who knows nothing about guns asking a question to ensure they include all of the right semi-guns in their list to outlaw? What do we know about this guy?