223 Remington Recommended Bullet Head For Tiny Ten In Africa

50g v max is my go to for coyotes, bobcats and fox. Kills them DRT and little to no pelt damage.

I have also had great success with the Varmint Grenade and I bet it would be a hammer for you as well. I have never had any pass throughs with the VG and it drops them in their tracks. VG like high speed and fast twist.

With that said, I still normally hunt with the Vmax.

Good luck. Africa is an amazing place. You can't go see her just once, she keeps calling you back.

Happy Holidays To All! Need some advice on the selection of a bullet for the Remington 223. I will be hunting the Tiny 10 in Africa, and was going to take my Tikka T3 Lite in .223 Remington for these animals. Would like to use a bullet that doesn't expand much so it won't create a large exit hole; this is to preserve the cape for mounting. Was looking at Barnes Triple Shock 70 grain or 62 grain. Also was thinking of Hornady's 55 grain and 62 grain full metal jackets (Although I read that these bullets were made for AR 15 and M4 type semi automatic rifles). I have two Tikka T3 lites; 1:8 inch twist and 1:10 inch twist. I have Remington 7 1/2 primers, and H335, HVarget, HCFE223, HBL C(2), Alliant Power Pro 2000MR, VIHT N135 powders to choose from. Would appreciate any opinions on bullet choice, and load choices.
Aloha!!!
Well, I think the Barns Vor-Tx 70gr would be my all-around pick, I think it would do well in both twists. As for powder, whatever would give you the highest velocity and stay under 1 1/4" MOA or better. My second pick would be Sierra 65gr BTHP Game King again velocity is the key here for killing powder. I've always used H-355 with them and it works great! If they'll let you... put a handful of M193 NATO 55gr FMJ "ball" in your pocket they might come in handy.
I'd add that one more bullet here... I've had great luck with, in .223 Rem cartridge which is the Nosler 60gr SP Partition, again using H-355 powder. Good luck Cheers

I'm thinking any bullets 60 grains or a little bit more would work nicely. Hornady now makes a 60 Vmax, they're just as accurate as the Ballastic tips same weight,and the 60 grn Partition might be the best of them all. Speer used to make their Semi-spritzer 70 grainers. I think your best beat is the slow these bullets down say 2900,3000 fps max . They will fly better and be more accurate then turning the bullet around , no disrespect meant . My 223 is old twist 1-14 but it's a target rifle,made by MRI,when I bought it new it was more then a 40XB . Your powders are great H335 work's fantastic in mine as does W748 and Benchmark, Vit-voi always great . Very Excited that your going to Africa again, my applause,cheers and don't forget us take many pictures.😉👏👏👏🥳🥳🥳👍🍀🍀🍀😆