.221 fireball

Sir
Haven't found anything that won't shoot pretty descent in mine. Shoot 17.3gr(your mileage may vary) of Win 680 now that I bought from estate sale for $7# with Rem bulk 45HP. Shot 140rds Wed and killed 115 dogs but did have a couple of doubles. Majority of shots 125-200yds. Also RL7 is great with 40gr Sierra HP, 2015BR is also good. My brother shoots RL7 and 35 V-Max from his LVSF and are unbelievably accurate. The 221 and 218Bee are the 2 most fun toys I have ever owned.

My .221FB is remarkably accurate and addictive to shoot.

I only shoot Nosler 40gr (moly) Ballistic Tips through the 21" Hart barrel.

Top performance loads with this (moly) bullet are 19.3gr RE7 and 17.0gr of Lil'Gun. These are NOT starting loads but are top loads in my rifle. Both shoot .5moa @ 200yds. The RE7 gets about 3,200 ft/sec while the Lil'Gun gets a sizzling 3,600 ft/sec. You can definately NOT use these loads with naked bullets.

I have killed many fat PA groundhogs at over 300yds with the Lil'Gun load. Hit one last week at 320yds (lasered)- he never moved an inch. Walked out to his hole to find that the tiny 40gr B-Tip caught him right in the ear - OUCH. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.