22 Creedmoor from 22-250

Sinko

Okay I'm looking for an affordable 22 creedmoor option because I want one. Nothing wrong with something else but it's what I want. Going to be a yotte gun and I don't want anything heavy. Thinking about getting a 8 twist 22-250 Tikka and having my smith rechamber. I intend on using 70-80 gr bullets. Has anyone else done this and what is the results.

Okay I'm looking for an affordable 22 creedmoor option because I want one. Nothing wrong with something else but it's what I want. Going to be a yotte gun and I don't want anything heavy. Thinking about getting a 8 twist 22-250 Tikka and having my smith rechamber. I intend on using 70-80 gr bullets. Has anyone else done this and what is the results.
Just go and purchase a 22 Creed already built or get a .224 barrel blank and have it chambered in 22 Creed.
Doesn't make any sense to purchase a 22-250 and then have a smith try to rechamber that barrel 22 Creed.
Lots of options for bullets and you can really reach out and touch a Yote with a 22 Creed and .224 - 65gr SGK
Good luck. Should be a Yote killer for sure. Let us know what you do.

Just go and purchase a 22 Creed already built or get a .224 barrel blank and have it chambered in 22 Creed.
Doesn't make any sense to purchase a 22-250 and then have a smith try to rechamber that barrel 22 Creed.
Lots of options for bullets and you can really reach out and touch a Yote with a 22 Creed and .224 - 65gr SGK
Good luck. Should be a Yote killer for sure. Let us know what you do.
The affordable option is what you are missing. $275 cost from my smith (very capable guy) and out the door yotte gun in the chamber I want. In a perfect world I'd build a gun from the ground up but this is a budget build.

@ Sinko,.. Been thinking about, Buying, a Tikka in .22-250 ( 1-8 twist ) and doing, the SAME thing, as the .22 Creed Design, is a Good, One !
My existing .22-250, is a Brass growing machine and I'm getting, tired of trimming, Plus,.. it's 1-14 twist and I want to be able to shoot Heavier Bullets like, the 60 gr NBT's to 75 ELD-M's !
And,.. Tikka's,. "Shoot" great !

Last edited:
There's a handful of guys on another forum who are getting good results with this exact plan. A google search would bring it up.

I've got a tikka 22-250 on the way for a donor action…will either sell the takeoff to someone wanting to do this project or send it off to be rechambered in 22cm for the next barrel.