22 cheetah or 220 jaybird

Properly twisted 22-250or 22 cm. No need to fire form or neck down brass any more for negligible rate of return Headstamped high quality brass, dies et el all available for the 2 aforementioned
Hi guys, if you want to see the potential of a properly twisted 22-250, built for ELR purposes, check out " Mark and Sam after work "4aw. He has built a beautiful little rig, & is just starting to stretch it out... gonna be a very impressive little rig... just my 2cents... cheers

Hi guys, if you want to see the potential of a properly twisted 22-250, built for ELR purposes, check out " Mark and Sam after work "4aw. He has built a beautiful little rig, & is just starting to stretch it out... gonna be a very impressive little rig... just my 2cents... cheers
Forgot to mention it's on YouTube...

Major upsides - lapua brass, common powders, light recoil etc.

I'd have to measure the twist again, as I haven't played with it for a while. The barrel was originally in 22-250, on a Rem. 40-X, and I had it rechambered. Using 4064, I've run them over 4700, but that opened up the group. Could be that my Oehler 35P is nuts, but actually, I have two of them, and they agree. This is somewhat like my 22BR, running 50 gr. Speer TNT's, where the nominal top speed is 3500; yet, in Accurate reloading manual #1, they show it at 3700... hmm, must be because there are no cruddy barrels from factories chambered in that caliber. Sure enough, my Shilen barrel loves them at that speed, and are they ever explosive.
!

I still run the "OldTimer" , .220 Swift , Ruger M77V , with a tang-safety . However , I had it re-barreled with a 1:8" twist barrel , 26" length that I had tapered to match the original Ruger varmint taper .
I shoot 80gr. Hornady A-Max bullets at 3305 FPS , using H4350 powder , Fed 210 Match primers , in W/W brass .
It is very accurate out to 1200 yards , but at 700 yards , it is EXTREMELY accurate . Using 16.9 oz. water bottles (which are 8"tall x 2.5" diameter) as targets at 700 yards , I have hit 10 in a row several times , and the visible splash that they make is impressive .
I have only shot paper and steel with the 80gr. bullets .

The original Ruger barrel was 26" with a 1:12" twist , that I ran 55gr. Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets at 3900 FPS , using IMR 4064 powder . It was 1/4 MOA at 100 yards .
I had 1 verified 800 yard prairie dog kill and several at 600 yards .

I have not yet tried a 55gr. bullet in the 8" twist barrel , because I don't know if they would hold together at 3900 FPS , which would generate 351,000 RPM's of rotational spin .

I have a 22CH, 40° shoulder, but the builder had a weird reamer, and if the neck section isn't cut below .250" (as blueprint specifies), it rings the brass and blows the primer. Obviously not releasing the bullet. And the leade is so short, a 55 gr. bullet sits so low in the case, it is more of a plug than anything. So far, I've only run 40 gr. ballistic tips out of it, but they shoot well at 4600 fps. Pasture poodles sometimes simply disappear. I'm thinking after enough 40 grainers, the throat should accept longer bullets, but that remains to be seen.

Zplinker ,

What is the twist rate of the barrel on your 22CH ?

DMP25-06