22 cal 60 Gr Bullet with 1 in 14" Twist

Elkhunter1983

Anybody had any luck with this exact matter? Anybody gone heavier. I am currently shooting a 55 gr Blitz out of my 22-250 but have a long throat and wanted to take advantage of it. Let me know good or bad.

Andy

If they would stabalize i would be shooting them right now, was going to give the 60 grain berger a try but tested it on a stability calculator and it said they wouldnt stabalize. Heck, the 36 grain varmint grenade is .7" long and out of a 220 swift at 4300 fps in a 1:14 twist at 2500' and 59 degrees it is just below "stable". I have 200 of them that i was going to give a try and still will to see how they do.

Yeah I wonder, my 55 gr bullets only make 1.2 on the twist rate but they seem to do fine so I might still try them. I just don't like to run full house in that rifle and Im afraid thats what it will take to come close.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts