22-250 and 88 ELD-M and Non-Alliant Powders?

BigSky!

I have searched this and can't seem to find any load data for the combination of 88 ELD-Ms in a 22-250 other than RL-17, RL-16 and another RL that I don't recall. If one didn't know better, one would assume Alliant closed their doors. So, I thought I would start a thread with load recommendations for non-Alliant powders in a) 22-250 and, with, b) 88 ELD-Ms. Heck, even Hornady's newest update of their app doesn't even provide load data for the 88 in a 22-250.

I'm shooting a 22 Creedmoor(slightly more capacity than 22-250) with H4831sc and 88s. Also have a load with n565 which is reportedly almost identical to RL 26.
H4350 and 7828scc and h1000 are all good to try also.

Hey, I'm working on a 22-250AI. Here is a Varget load with the 88gr ELD-M
32grs
Rem 9.5
Rem case
.275 group at 100yds
This was with a hydro-formed case and was the first fire on the case. I still have more load development to do but it was a great group.
Take Care

@2.600" n550, hunter, 7828ssc and imr4831 are top contenders and few being over 100%. The case taper is why the creed has the edge with capacity. I checked several sites and used 90gr for referencing. If you have a Berger book then check their as they list a 90gr for 22-250. Not sure what the bearing length of either bullets are, but the 90gr Berger's are long.

I have searched this and can't seem to find any load data for the combination of 88 ELD-Ms in a 22-250 other than RL-17, RL-16 and another RL that I don't recall. If one didn't know better, one would assume Alliant closed their doors. So, I thought I would start a thread with load recommendations for non-Alliant powders in a) 22-250 and, with, b) 88 ELD-Ms. Heck, even Hornady's newest update of their app doesn't even provide load data for the 88 in a 22-250.
What twist is your barrel?

The case taper is why the creed has the edge with capacity.
The case taper is one complaint I have with the 22-250. It does stretch pretty fast with FL resize or even partial FL resize. I favor partial FL resize. Neck sizing only gave me some resistance while chambering a round, I didn't care for that. So IMHO that might be an area where the 22 Creedmoor or 22-250 AI has an advantage.

Hey, I'm working on a 22-250AI. Here is a Varget load with the 88gr ELD-M
32grs
Rem 9.5
Rem case
.275 group at 100yds
This was with a hydro-formed case and was the first fire on the case. I still have more load development to do but it was a great group.
Take Care
What twist rate is your barrel?

Thanks all for the input. There are clearly some I assumed would work and others I hadn't thought of using. I appreciate the input. To someone who asked about my barrel twist, mine has an 8 twist. Yes, I know that one is supposed to use a 7; but, many have used an 8 and stabilized them. I don't want this thread to turn in to that debate if I can help it because unlike Hornady's super secret load data for their own bullet, that matter has been hammered to death.

Thanks all for the input. There are clearly some I assumed would work and others I hadn't thought of using. I appreciate the input. To someone who asked about my barrel twist, mine has an 8 twist. Yes, I know that one is supposed to use a 7; but, many have used an 8 and stabilized them. I don't want this thread to turn in to that debate if I can help it because unlike Hornady's super secret load data for their own bullet, that matter has been hammered to death.
Thanks BigSky! I have a Ruger Gray Target that's 1:14 60 gr is it's max :mad:

The Sierra App has load for 22/250 with the 90 gr SMK. This should give you plenty to work with.
B6EB5D0B-BF45-440E-9A8C-857BE2BC98F5.png