22 250 ai? 22 creed? Or other

travis74

I have a 700 action and a 1 in 7.7 twist barrel. Trying to decide what 22 caliber to build. Anyone have experience with both? Or 22 gt?

The 22 Creedmore will out perform the 22-250 ai or the 22 GT. Make sure you get a slow enough barrel twist to take full advantage of higher BC bullets available now.
My barrel twist is 1 in 7.7. U have experience with 22 creed and gt?

Sorry I missed you had the barrel twist listed in your original post. I have more experience with the 22 creed than the GT. The creed can be pushed a little hotter and will give you shorter barrel life. The 22 GT will be a little bit slower and easier on barrel life. I think the 22 GT would be a fun round to play with. I love my 6GT. It is so easy to reload for.

Sorry I missed you had the barrel twist listed in your original post. I have more experience with the 22 creed than the GT. The creed can be pushed a little hotter and will give you shorter barrel life. The 22 GT will be a little bit slower and easier on barrel life. I think the 22 GT would be a fun round to play with. I love my 6GT. It is so easy to reload for.
you get really good accuracy out of your 222 creed?

What ever you decide, find the dies. 22 creed dies were non existent when I was looking two months ago. Whidden may have them?
Yeah thats what im looking for as well as brass. Really wanting creed or gt as im thinking better accuracy and less feeding issues over 250ai

I am currently putting together a 22-250. Proof cf barrel 1-8 twist. Primary use is varmints and maybe culling does with 70 gr Hammer Hunter. My philosophy is if I need a larger bullet than this setup will stabilize, about 70 gr, then I need to move up in caliber. If shooting 105s in the 22 CM with a 1-7 twist it is going to be blistering fast and hot on the barrel when shooting a 55 gr varmin load. Get a 6 CM or a 243 for the 80-110 weight bullets and you have ratcheted up to the next level.
Just my 2 cents worth.