21st centry Long Range Rifle...

Rustystud

I just got this rifle finished for a customer. It is a Gary Elisio E1 and a John Pierce Target Action sporting a 32.25" Broughton 1:8, 5C barrel. This rifle is a switch barrel rifle and came with a 6mmBRX, 6mmXC, and a 6.5 X .284.
Rustystud

6mmBRXE1.jpg

Cehand6BRXTarget-1.jpg

Last edited:
The first 6mmBRX five shot group I shot for record, shots 6-10 were in the low .2s. A picture of that group is on the 6mmBR web site. These were fire forming loads with Fed 205s, Lapua 6 BR brass, 30.5 grains of Varget, and Berger 105s jammed into the rifling. My 1000 yard load is 32.5 grains of Varget and they shoot under .5moa at 1000 yards. No recoil, ineretly accuarcy, long barrel life easy to load lower cost components.

The 6.5 X .284 was not a worked up load but it shot under .4 at 100 yards.

Both groups were shot off bags and not a rest. I am sure the gun would group better. I am not a very good shooter.

Fedex will deliver the rifle to its owner today. He will be shooting it in the up coming days. It will be interesting to see how it shoots for him. He is going to keep up posted on his results.

Rustystud

RS, beautiful.....you've got my wheels turning.

What is the maximum height you can adjust that cheek piece? Does it come with extra bushings & screws or is that something one would have to put together on their own?

MagMan:

There is about 1.5 inches of adjustment. The height of the rear stock is high and not much adjustment is needed. This gun was originally engineered to shoot with irons and a sling. It has been adapeted to shoot BR, and F-class with fore stock block.

I was truly supprised how well it shoots. It is fully adjustable in any direction.

Rustystud

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.