215 Hybrids in Factory rifle

Case length on 300WM is 2.62. Case length on 300PRC is 2.58. Berger ammunition loads the 205 to 3.7" in their 300PRC ammunition. I am thinking given that it might be difficult to get a good load in a 215 in a factory 300WM with a 3.34 max COAL.

Should just grab some and check things out for myself.
Figure I would pick brains first. Appreciate it all.
No, in all honesty the 215 will perform well on a whitetail out there a ways. I haven't tested them out past ~620 on game, but I'm sure that others may have some real world info for you. Let us know how your testing goes…like BAKPAKR has mentioned, you may want to check for seating depth issues before you are set on running them. COAL for my 215 load is 3.690" in my Seekins PH2.

Case length on 300WM is 2.62. Case length on 300PRC is 2.58. Berger ammunition loads the 205 to 3.7" in their 300PRC ammunition. I am thinking given that it might be difficult to get a good load in a 215 in a factory 300WM with a 3.34 max COAL.
Single feeding would allow more OAL tho.

I run mine at 3.690" in a modified REM 700 and in a SAAMI chamber, you are still off the rifling some with the 215's. I prefer the 210g ABLR for shots at those ranges. Have tried 210g, 215g & 230g Berger with mixed results with all but the 210g…

Cheers.
Modified meaning? Mag box?

I just went through this whole process with my Tikka actioned 300wm. Gave up and ordered a 300PRC barrel for a BAT Vampire actioned 7PRC. Gives me the flexibility to run whatever I want.

Yes but you may be jamming the bullet up into the rifling. Get a Hornady OAL gauge and check on how much room you have.
Yeah I get you now. When you said OAL I assumed you meant not fitting in mag box. You are talking ogive length. Yeah I will need to check measurement

@quandary yeah I already have the rifle trying to make the best with what I have like you were. I have things on the burner for another BR rig right now so not ready to just do like you did. Even tho I already know that's what should be done

In the Tikka as an example I would have to change the bottom metal and go to AICS mags to get more than 3.4 COAL. I haven't even checked to see if I have enough room in the chamber to seat where I'd want to. Decided it was just easier to swap barrels back and for the the 7PRC. Figure I'll just stick with SAAMI loads in the 300WM and run the big stuff in the 300PRC.

In a 110 action the Savage mags are cip, so 1 could get fairly long. I have 3, but haven't loaded any yet. 3 barrel lengths (24, 26 & 30). I am way behind on load development on 20+ rifles.