210 Primers for 28 nosler in cold weather?

lhp63190

Guys -- I'm leaving for a northern Saskatchewan deer hunt in on Nov 20. Obviously, I expect cold temps. As I started packing I noticed that I was very low (almost out) of my standard 28 nosler rounds. Fed 215 primers/ADG Brass/H1000/Berger or Hammer bullets.

That said, I have a lot of ammo left over from my trip to Africa this summer where I used Fed 210 primers in my 28 nosler to help take some of recoil out of the gun for my wife. Would you be concerned about shooting the 210 primers in potentially extreme cold conditions?

I have the components to load more but am extremely short on time.

When I was younger and uninformed, I used standard primers in 7RM with H4831 and IMR4831 in northern MN&WI. Always went bang. Not long shots by any means. I guess if I had the choice, I'd load with the mag primers, especially if on a trip or guided hunt.

I personally would not use them, sure wouldn't want to risk a hunt like that over a $.10 item (or $5 depending on if you got them from midway 😂). To test the load maybe you can try throwing them in a deep freeze overnight and run outside and shoot them real fast before they condensate.😁

Last edited:
It's so cold in Canada 11 months of the year that you will be lucky if the rifle fires regardless of what primer you use 🤣