210 Berger out of 300WSM

stevers75

I have a bunch of 210's and am wanting to try them in my xbolt 300wsm with 26" barrel. I have RL26, IMR4350, and H-4350 along with federal 210M and 215M primers. Looking for some potential "deadly" combinations from anyone, just a starting point please!
Thanks, Steve

I shoot 210 berger in my 300 brwn win mag HCLR.
RL26
75gr.
215 fed. match mag primers
2980 fps
-.025 of the lds
Not that much velocity but shoots very well and saves the barrel.
Accuracy is more important than speed.
215s shoot very well also if u can find them.The 210s I use for practice mostly because I found a bunch when things were short.
215s will give a little more speed than the 210s

Thank you, definitely not worried about speed, just looking for an accurate load to shoot up to 1000 yards.

Tagging in too.
The HSM factory ammo is very very high quality too.
ES and SD in the very low single digits. I use it for a baseline to check my wsm.

I shoot 69grs of R-26 with 215's in a long throated 300wsm. I have a 20" barreled one on a short action with a shorter throat that uses 68.5grs with 215's. I would probably start at about 66grs and work up in a SAMMI chambered rifle. That is in Winchester brass BTW.

I shoot 69grs of R-26 with 215's in a long throated 300wsm. I have a 20" barreled one on a short action with a shorter throat that uses 68.5grs with 215's. I would probably start at about 66grs and work up in a SAMMI chambered rifle. That is in Winchester brass BTW.
I just loaded up a few starting with 66grs, ended at 69.0 with no signs of pressure and 2885fps. I'm going to load up a few more tomorrow and see where the accuracy is at. Appreciate all of the input!

I have a bunch of 210's and am wanting to try them in my xbolt 300wsm with 26" barrel. I have RL26, IMR4350, and H-4350 along with federal 210M and 215M primers. Looking for some potential "deadly" combinations from anyone, just a starting point please!
Thanks, Steve
First of all what's your twist rate? Will you be able to stabilize the bullet in supersonic and transonic?

The 69gr load runs 2960 in my 26" barreled gun but it has a .225" throat and is just over 3.2"OAL loaded.
What velocity are you getting out of the 20" gun? Also, have you developed loads with anything other than RL-26? Or any loads for a lighter bullet in the shorter barreled gun?

The 20" barrel gun only has about 40-50 rounds through it so it's extra slow. It shoots 2770fps. I haven't run other bullets or powders since the same basic load shoots so good in my other rifle. My 26" barreled gun has shot numerous 4-5" groups at 950yds. I built the 20" gun to run suppressed in one place I elk hunt where most shots aren't over 700yds and we typically see multiple bulls. I tried suppressed to see if it would up the odds to get more than one bull out of a herd. I shot 1 bull at 660yds. I stopped hunting that spot because it got over run with people. So I haven't messed with the rifle since. I haven't even shot with my suppressor since. Brakes are way more effective at reducing recoil and I always carry hearing protection.

The 20" barrel gun only has about 40-50 rounds through it so it's extra slow. It shoots 2770fps. I haven't run other bullets or powders since the same basic load shoots so good in my other rifle. My 26" barreled gun has shot numerous 4-5" groups at 950yds. I built the 20" gun to run suppressed in one place I elk hunt where most shots aren't over 700yds and we typically see multiple bulls. I tried suppressed to see if it would up the odds to get more than one bull out of a herd. I shot 1 bull at 660yds. I stopped hunting that spot because it got over run with people. So I haven't messed with the rifle since. I haven't even shot with my suppressor since. Brakes are way more effective at reducing recoil and I always carry hearing protection.
Great info. Thanks!!